Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due August 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Anyone else feeling any sharp downward pains? My partner has said she has got them randomly while walking. Said it feels like the baby is puhing downwards. Only happens for a second or two ten stops. Im a little concerned by it. Shes 34 weeks now and apart form this all is well. GP last week said she has no concerns at all at this point and we are due back in the Rotunda on Friday for a scan/checkup so might wait until then to mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

Anyone else feeling any sharp downward pains? My partner has said she has got them randomly while walking. Said it feels like the baby is puhing downwards. Only happens for a second or two ten stops. Im a little concerned by it. Shes 34 weeks now and apart form this all is well. GP last week said she has no concerns at all at this point and we are due back in the Rotunda on Friday for a scan/checkup so might wait until then to mention it.

Also 34 weeks and feeling all sorts of pressure including random contractions, always no harm to give the midwives a quick call and run it by them. Also in the Rotunda we may both be in at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Meubles

33 weeks here and also have those occasional sharp pains, I always assumed it was just pressure from the weight of the baby as it only happened after walking for awhile. Back with midwife tomorrow might ask to be sure too!
    Ordered birth pool which should be delivered week 36! Decided to take leave 6 weeks before work so finish this day next week, cannot wait to put my feet up.
    Definitely getting a bit more awkward to sleep, he kicks like crazy no matter which side I try to sleep.
    Noticed a big increase in the strength of his movements this week, I'm guessing he's head down as for sure there's a foot poking near my ribs but he seems to turn so his back is out, then in, then sideways!! Having a great time in there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

Meubles wrote: »
    33 weeks here and also have those occasional sharp pains, I always assumed it was just pressure from the weight of the baby as it only happened after walking for awhile. Back with midwife tomorrow might ask to be sure too!
    Ordered birth pool which should be delivered week 36! Decided to take leave 6 weeks before work so finish this day next week, cannot wait to put my feet up.
    Definitely getting a bit more awkward to sleep, he kicks like crazy no matter which side I try to sleep.
    Noticed a big increase in the strength of his movements this week, I'm guessing he's head down as for sure there's a foot poking near my ribs but he seems to turn so his back is out, then in, then sideways!! Having a great time in there :P

Well done for takign the six weeks, I was going to stay at work until 38 weeks but now think I will finish two weeks earlier, barely sleeping a wink and already uncomfortable! Have noticed some suprise from family at taking a whole month and wondering would I not 'soldier on'...

Yea Sherlof3 I had this attitude from the beginning that I would 'soldier on' as long as possible and not let my team down but have decided I just need to put myself first now before everything changes! I feel super relaxed knowing the end is in sight, even though I sit most of the day it's still really uncomfortable!!

• Advertisement

Was back with midwife for checkup last week and they were concerned I was measuring too big so referred us for growth scan. I was a bit nervous hoping we weren't in for some 10lb baby but turns out he's still within normal range and weights about 4lbs and I don't have an unusual amount of amniotic fluid, it's more that I'm 5'2"!! He did have big feet 7cm already! Relieved to know all is well and it was fantastic to see him, the lady turned on the 3D view for a bit so we really could see his face and he was playing with his toes it was adorable!
    My brother in law was over at the weekend and revcieved a message and turned it around to me and read it out saying 'Oh baby shower nice' and then heard my OH call him into the kitchen. Turns out my friends were planning a surprise shower but unfortunately he's let the cat out of the bag! OH was so annoyed at him because he feels he let my friends down but I keep reminding him 'bigger picture!' and I'll just have to act surprised :P

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Meubles wrote: »
    Was back with midwife for checkup last week and they were concerned I was measuring too big so referred us for growth scan. I was a bit nervous hoping we weren't in for some 10lb baby but turns out he's still within normal range and weights about 4lbs and I don't have an unusual amount of amniotic fluid, it's more that I'm 5'2"!! He did have big feet 7cm already!

So lovely to see him :)

Just wondering how many weeks were you for this scan? I'm super stressed about my baby who at the growth scan at 32 weeks was measuring three weeks ahead, weighed 4.7 lbs and had 7cm feet too.

I have to have a second growth scan tomorrow to see if it was just a growth spurt or if he is still growing very fast. I'm so stressed and worried about it :(

Unknowngirl!! - I was 33+1 for the scan and she estimated he was 4.2 / 4.5lbs and told me if there's small/medium/large babies this would be the higher side of average but totally normal for this stage. It seems there can be growth spurts that confuse things. She told me 1/2 lb weight gain for the baby is recommended at this point until birth. At the end of the day my midwife told me she's seen people have bigger babies with as much ease as smaller babies and visa versa so I wouldn't worry too much about it! It's a great sign your baby is thriving! I've also been told chubbier babies have an easier time regulating body temperature and feeding :)
    Last day of work here can't believe it's finally arrived and looking forward to some down time!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Mouseylocks

I was the same baby was measuring consistently above average since my 20 week scan had my 34 week appointment last week and was referred for a growth scan in 2 weeks for them to make a decision about bringing me in early, I was a bit taken back but they're the professionals. My weight gain has been totally normal so it seems it's all baby plus my OH is 6ft 4 and i'm 5ft 6 so not exactly short, so I'm hoping he/she is just a long skinny baby :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Hi ladies, had my 34 week appointment yesterday and baby is almost 7 pounds....im absolutely freaking about the size of him with 6 weeks to go.
    Due in 6 weeks and have another growth scan in 3 weeks so i guess we will know more then. Last baby was 8.4 looks like her brother will end up being a 10 pounder if i go full term

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Mouseylocks

Cork2015! wrote: »
    Hi ladies, had my 34 week appointment yesterday and baby is almost 7 pounds....im absolutely freaking about the size of him with 6 weeks to go.
    Due in 6 weeks and have another growth scan in 3 weeks so i guess we will know more then. Last baby was 8.4 looks like her brother will end up being a 10 pounder if i go full term

A friend of mine had her baby 3 weeks ago, was told they'd be at least 9lbs and then she ended up having a 6lb 14 baby girl, the scans are just estimates so maybe your baba will be on the smaller side of what you expect? positive thinking :-) did they mention anything to you about induction? I'm a FTM so was a bit thrown had just expected to go naturally, hadn't even considered being brought in early as an option.....

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi Ladies,

2 weeks and 6 days left to go!

Had my 36 week check up last Thursday, baby had been head down prior to that but now is breech :eek: They have me booked in for Friday for a ECV. Im not keen on it at all especially as its my LO's Birthday that day :o if I dont go for it, it may be a c-section for me :(:(:( Nerves are well and truly here now

JD24 sound exciting that you are nearpy there and things are happening but can understand the nerves completely

Im would normally never wish the good weather away as i know the kids are loving it etc. But i ak SOOOOO sick of this heat. Just cant handle it anymore and so so frustrated.

Only 5 weeks to go and praying the warm weather will just go and donone

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

@Sherlof3 we're doing ours with the Limerick Maternity. Its two Saturdays, and I've heard good things from anyone who's gone to it so hopefully i'll find it useful!

6 weeks 6 days left (not that I'm counting :-) ) have felt great the whole pregnancy, was very lucky until this week when my back decided to not play ball it's making sleep a bit difficult, seems like the only time I get really comfortable is just before my alarm wakes me up for work!

Hi Mousey, just over from the September thread. How did you get these classes from Limerick Mat? I haven't received any info on it and actually v interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

My August baby is going to be a July baby! Was admitted last week and got out for two days on Sunday.

Was back today for a review in hospital and the consultant made the decision to induce me at 1pm at 37w + 1.

I'm struggling a bit with pains now but trying to rest. After a rough pregnancy I'm looking forward to meeting our son tomorrow :)

Hope you are all well xx

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hope all goes well unknowngirl!

Im booked in to be induced next Friday 4th August - baby is big! Baby was breech but turned, thank goodness! Very excited now.

Hope everyone is well, not long for us now!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

I'm 36 +5 now as per hospital date. My sister is also pregnant and had a hospital appointment today at the same hospital that I attend but she is 28 weeks. The midwife told her that there is an out break of whooping cough and she should get the vaccination. No one mentioned it to me and I read online you can't get it past 36 weeks. I don't want to put my baby at risk. Has anyone else got it? Is there any chance I can get it tomorrow or am I too late?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

starface wrote: »
    I'm 36 +5 now as per hospital date. My sister is also pregnant and had a hospital appointment today at the same hospital that I attend but she is 28 weeks. The midwife told her that there is an out break of whooping cough and she should get the vaccination. No one mentioned it to me and I read online you can't get it past 36 weeks. I don't want to put my baby at risk. Has anyone else got it? Is there any chance I can get it tomorrow or am I too late?

I'm at my clinic tomorrow and I'm going to ask this. I was going to get it at my 30 week appointment but my GP's receptionist screwed up the date then the GP cancelled the next one so I'll be 36 weeks when I'm back at the GP.

I'm at my clinic tomorrow and I'm going to ask this. I was going to get it at my 30 week appointment but my GP's receptionist screwed up the date then the GP cancelled the next one so I'll be 36 weeks when I'm back at the GP.

I asked today and the midwife said it's too late. She also said it isn't necessary as there is no outbreak (my sisters midwife told her there was an outbreak?). Seems like there is a lot of conflicting information on this. I'll have to be super careful I guess.

My brother got it when he was born as we had in. He was in hospital for two months and has some long term problems because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

I asked today and the midwife said it's too late. She also said it isn't necessary as there is no outbreak (my sisters midwife told her there was an outbreak?). Seems like there is a lot of conflicting information on this. I'll have to be super careful I guess.

My brother got it when he was born as we had in. He was in hospital for two months and has some long term problems because of it.

Yeah I was told between 28-34 weeks, that I'm too far now. Midwife also said she's not too bothered about it now, that if it was winter she'd be more concerned about me not having got it.

• Advertisement

Two weeks left!! Getting fed up now. Ready for baby. I've been trying all the old wives tails for inducing labour 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Two weeks left!! Getting fed up now. Ready for baby. I've been trying all the old wives tails for inducing labour 🙈
    me too. 37 weeks today and went for a evening stroll and ate some pinapple this evening..... dying to meet baba now!!!

Starface same for me! 2 weeks to go and I'm fed up too! Can't walk far at all and have a lot of pelvic / back pain in the evening, I escaped the entire pregnancy without backpain but it's really intense now that I keep thinking it's labour. Had an appointment yesterday and his head is fully engaged, hoping that means I won't be too overdue. As we're having a home birth we did a test run with the pool, just hope it all goes smoothly now.

Oh I think I would have liked a pool birth but there is non in Wexford General. I hope it goes well. I am the same with all the pains. Keep thinking is this it... but unfortunately it isn't. My babies head is engage too - I just thought that was normal for this time of the pregnancy. Is it a sign that you are less likely to go over?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

My other half gave birth to the most amazing little boy yesterday. He's our first baby and we are absolutely chuffed with him. Just want to wish everyone else still waiting the very best of luck and to enjoy it as much as you can because it's the best experience I ever had in my life. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and updates on here for the past 12 months, I wasn't an active poster on here so to speak but I've followed all your stories with great interest. Good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

My other half gave birth to the most amazing little boy yesterday. He's our first baby and we are absolutely chuffed with him. Just want to wish everyone else still waiting the very best of luck and to enjoy it as much as you can because it's the best experience I ever had in my life. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and updates on here for the past 12 months, I wasn't an active poster on here so to speak but I've followed all your stories with great interest. Good luck to everyone.

Ah that's great news. Congrats to you both :):)

Awh congratulations. Enjoy every second of it.

I've still a week to go ... plus a possible ten days over. I'm staying optimistic that it'll be soon!!

Congratulations, fantastic news

Who else is left? How we all feeling?

Im 39 weeks today and they are bringing me in sunday night to get me started if nothing happens before then. Nervous about being induced again as was hoping to go naturally but baby is too big to let me go any further. Super nervous with bouts of excitedness thrown in for good measure, just cant wait to see him and for his big sister to meet him

• Advertisement

Congrats Don Corleone!! Fantastic news!
    I'm 39 weeks tomorrow, had a check up today with the midwife and she said to think more of 41 weeks as due date for a first baby for my own sanity. I am severely exhausted just sleeping a lot - better enjoy it now I guess! Also just cannot wait to meet this little guy!

Advertisement