Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda trainee febuary class 2017

• 06-12-2016 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. I was just wondering would there be any interest in creating a thread for people who have completed medicals and fitness test and who are hoping to get a call for the Intake in febuary. This would be ideal to know how everybody is getting on and to get to know potentially future class mates and colleagues. Hope there is interest! 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

No harm! I did my physical middle of October but as of two weeks ago my vetting is still outstanding so I'm hoping for February but not overly confident it will be back in time

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irishlad199

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    No harm! I did my physical middle of October but as of two weeks ago my vetting is still outstanding so I'm hoping for February but not overly confident it will be back in time

I completed my physical in October too. Same thing my vetting is taking awhile I think because I have relations in England did you contact somebody in HR?

I completed my physical in October too. Same thing my vetting is taking awhile I think because I have relations in England did you contact somebody in HR?

Yeah I have a large family so I assume that's the hold up and had an uncle who spent a year in Australia so I think that might have added to the hold up as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Sure I might as well take a seat in here :) have a sup of tae while I'm waiting haha

Anyone know when they'll be sending out offers for Feb ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Anyone know when they'll be sending out offers for Feb ?

I'm guessing if the 1St induction week is starting the 23rd of January that them offers will be out xmas week nd the second week be after new year

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Was the first induction not January the 30th?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Wax100

Done my physical in August and still waiting to meet my local super! Met the sgt and all but big delay waiting on this meeting. Really hoping for February hate my current job!

Loradublin wrote: »
    Was the first induction not January the 30th?

I thought the first week was starting on the 30th as well

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

"I am informed by the Garda Commissioner that there will be four intakes of 200 trainee Garda in 2017 scheduled for 13 February, 2 May, 8 August and 6 November giving a total intake of 800 trainee Garda."

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/?id=2016-11-15a.35&s=garda+recruitment

This was previously posted in another thread on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Sure I might as well take a seat in here :) have a sup of tae while I'm waiting haha

Any sign of that vetting Gnr_Iver? You may check over in the lost and found at this stage!

Elliot192 wrote: »
    Any sign of that vetting Gnr_Iver? You may check over in the lost and found at this stage!

They must have lit a fire under my forms ha, either that or they sent it the long way around when going abroad.

How are you fixed with vetting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

I taught d start date was d 6th..it be d 30th 1st induction so offers b out after d new year i'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Garda91

Yeah vetting holding me up as well. Rang the other day and apparently my application has been put forward to the Commissioner for decision and can take a number of weeks to come back. Vetting hasn't been cleared until the Commissioner signs it off apparently so Feb could go either way for me at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

"I am informed by the Garda Commissioner that there will be four intakes of 200 trainee Garda in 2017 scheduled for 13 February, 2 May, 8 August and 6 November giving a total intake of 800 trainee Garda."

Prephaps the 13th February start is after the two inductions weeks are completed. I.e Induction week 1 starts 30th January, week 2 starts 6th February. If my thinking is correct offers would probably start the last week before Xmas.

When I ran about my vetting I was told expect offers just before Xmas and start of the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Garda91

Vamp369 wrote: »
    Prephaps the 13th February start is after the two inductions weeks are completed. I.e Induction week 1 starts 30th January, week 2 starts 6th February. If my thinking is correct offers would probably start the last week before Xmas.

When I ran about my vetting I was told expect offers just before Xmas and start of the new year.

Have you had your vetting cleared yet Vamp369?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

My vetting isnt back yet either. This wait is awful.

AM11 wrote: »

How long have you been waiting?

AM11 wrote: »

I feel your pain mate :(

Garda91 wrote: »
    Have you had your vetting cleared yet Vamp369?

Yep, rang HR two or three weeks ago and got the good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

How long have you been waiting?
    I've been waiting since the summer. Passed my physical in early August. I lived abroad for a bit and have family up north but this is a joke. I can't wait around indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Interview in August, medical in September, PCT in October. Met the super this week. I rang HRM and they said that once the files are in they'll do one more check and then it goes by your OOM. What's the OOM like with you lads???

Redzer99 wrote: »
    Interview in August, medical in September, PCT in October. Met the super this week. I rang HRM and they said that once the files are in they'll do one more check and then it goes by your OOM. What's the OOM like with you lads???

I can hardly remember when I met my local Sgt n super, feels like a age! My OOM Is in top 20, you ??

I can hardly remember when I met my local Sgt n super, feels like a age! My OOM Is in top 20, you ??

I'm around 600.

My OOM is in the mid 500's but vetting isn't back yet so February isn't looking good unfortunately

My OOM is in the mid 500's but vetting isn't back yet so February isn't looking good unfortunately

Have you family abroad?

Have you family abroad?

Not at the moment had an uncle who spent a year in Australia when he was younger but that's it

500-600's is a grand place to be at this stage, ye should be offered a place once all checks are completed and signed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭ganthy

For those of you who did the PCT, how many failed? I heard its about 30%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Alan1dd

Just wondering will we recieve an email or a letter in the post from HRM asking us to go to the induction week, like what happens their ?

Alan1dd wrote: »
    Just wondering will we recieve an email or a letter in the post from HRM asking us to go to the induction week, like what happens their ?

Email I heard

If you are expecting an offer, you'll receive it by Email.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Just some information for you guys.

When I got my offer in 2014, it was on the 22nd of December with a start date around the 20th of January. Roughly one month before the induction week. So expect an offer in 2 weeks. Maybe on Friday 23rd or Monday 19th.

Before Christmas anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

I've had my vetting cleared and my name is down for February, but "should applicants be cleared who are ahead of you on the order of merit, they will be offered a place before you."
    Fingers crossed I don't lose my spot!

"The next intake is scheduled to commence in early February so the inductions weeks will commence towards the end of January."
    It's not very specific yet but it's a general idea.
    I'd love if the offers made it out before Christmas, it would be the best present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

I've had my vetting cleared and my name is down for February, but "should applicants be cleared who are ahead of you on the order of merit, they will be offered a place before you."

"The next intake is scheduled to commence in early February so the inductions weeks will commence towards the end of January."
    I'd love if the offers made it out before Christmas, it would be the best present.

Did you get an email that your vetting is cleared?? I'd love to know what stage mine is at. Still have physical to do so doubtful i'd get Feb as people reckon the offers might be out before Christmas. Congrats by the way :)

• Advertisement

Congrats I'd be very confident of getting an offer if I was you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I still have to get a date for my physical also. So doubtful I will make Feb intake.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I still have to get a date for my physical also. So doubtful I will make Feb intake.

Let's not lose hope just yet. Plenty people have gone for the physical and been offered a place soon after. Positive pants :)

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Let's not lose hope just yet. Plenty people have gone for the physical and been offered a place soon after. Positive pants :)

I'm just a little unfit to be quite honest! So I wouldn't be too hopefull I will pass it. I just passed the Irish assessment so was flat out with that. Going to start on training for physical never know I could surprise myself and pass. It's just the push up and sit ups I am worried about, I should manage the bleep test hopefully with a bottle of water.

I'm just a little unfit to be quite honest! So I wouldn't be too hopefull I will pass it. I just passed the Irish assessment so was flat out with that. Going to start on training for physical never know I could surprise myself and pass. It's just the push up and sit ups I am worried about, I should manage the bleep test hopefully with a bottle of water.

Plenty time to get fit for it. Have you been to an open day?? I'm fit-ish. The Christmas festivities slowing me down ever so slightly!! We know what's coming so no reason for us not to kick ass at it. Congrats on passing the Irish. One step closer :)

• Advertisement

Hoping for some good news soon, fingers crossed :)

Guys just wondering what your OOM are roughly!!

Plenty time to get fit for it. Have you been to an open day?? I'm fit-ish. The Christmas festivities slowing me down ever so slightly!! We know what's coming so no reason for us not to kick ass at it. Congrats on passing the Irish. One step closer :)

Yeah I was at an open day some time back. I think I would pass the shuttle test, so need to work more on the push ups and sit ups, the extra few KG I have put on over the years isn't helping.

I did find this which is interesting for the beep test, gives a break down of speeds and timings for each level, so if you wanted to train on a machine as such you could use these settings to help you out. I think these are the timings.

Level Shuttles running speed (km/h) time per shuttle (s) Total level time (s) Cumulative Time (min:seconds) Distance per level (m) Cumulative Distance (m)
    1 7 8.0 9.00 63.0 1:03 140 140
    2 8 9.0 8.00 64.0 2:07 160 300
    3 8 9.5 7.58 60.6 3:08 160 460
    4 9 10.0 7.20 64.8 4:12 180 640
    5 9 10.5 6.86 61.7 5:14 180 820
    6 10 11.0 6.55 65.5 6:20 200 1020
    7 10 11.5 6.26 62.6 7:22 200 1220
    8 11 12.0 6.00 66.0 8:28 220 1440
    9 11 12.5 5.76 63.4 9:32 220 1660
    10 11 13.0 5.54 60.9 10:32 220 1880
    11 12 13.5 5.33 64.0 11:36 240 2120
    12 12 14.0 5.14 61.7 12:38 240 2360
    13 13 14.5 4.97 64.6 13:43 260 2620
    14 13 15.0 4.80 62.4 14:45 260 2880
    15 13 15.5 4.65 60.4 15:46 260 3140
    16 14 16.0 4.50 63.0 16:49 280 3420
    17 14 16.5 4.36 61.1 17:50 280 3700
    18 15 17.0 4.24 63.5 18:53 300 4000
    19 15 17.5 4.11 61.7 19:55 300 4300
    20 16 18.0 4.00 64.0 20:59 320 4620
    21 16 18.5 3.89 62.3 22:01 320 4940

"should applicants be cleared who are ahead of you on the order of merit, they will be offered a place before you."

I would be one of the people that Coffeeguzzler has mentioned ;)

I would be one of the people that Coffeeguzzler has mentioned ;)

Good stuff, was that email sent out from HRM?

Did ye contact HR yourselfs or did they contact ye ?

I'm in the 50's.

Vamp369 wrote: »
    I'm in the 50's.

What tool you so long to be called? Vetting? I'm between 600-610. Do ya think Feb would be realistic? Vetting has been cleared.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Brains55

What tool you so long to be called? Vetting? I'm between 600-610. Do ya think Feb would be realistic? Vetting has been cleared.

When was ur vetting cleared did u ring to find out... my number is near to yours but not cleared yet.😪 the wait is horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

Did you get an email that your vetting is cleared?? I'd love to know what stage mine is at. Still have physical to do so doubtful i'd get Feb as people reckon the offers might be out before Christmas. Congrats by the way :)

I emailed them about it. I don't think they'd tell you without being asked

• Advertisement
Advertisement