Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda trainee febuary class 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Brains55 wrote: »
    When was ur vetting cleared did u ring to find out... my number is near to yours but not cleared yet.😪 the wait is horrible

Yeah I rang them and asked them. They told me it was cleared but my OOM was very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭OhThatsGreasy

TallGlass wrote: »
    Yeah I was at an open day some time back. I think I would pass the shuttle test, so need to work more on the push ups and sit ups, the extra few KG I have put on over the years isn't helping.

I did find this which is interesting for the beep test, gives a break down of speeds and timings for each level, so if you wanted to train on a machine as such you could use these settings to help you out. I think these are the timings.

Level Shuttles running speed (km/h) time per shuttle (s) Total level time (s) Cumulative Time (min:seconds) Distance per level (m) Cumulative Distance (m)
    1 7 8.0 9.00 63.0 1:03 140 140
    2 8 9.0 8.00 64.0 2:07 160 300
    3 8 9.5 7.58 60.6 3:08 160 460
    4 9 10.0 7.20 64.8 4:12 180 640
    5 9 10.5 6.86 61.7 5:14 180 820
    6 10 11.0 6.55 65.5 6:20 200 1020
    7 10 11.5 6.26 62.6 7:22 200 1220
    8 11 12.0 6.00 66.0 8:28 220 1440
    9 11 12.5 5.76 63.4 9:32 220 1660
    10 11 13.0 5.54 60.9 10:32 220 1880
    11 12 13.5 5.33 64.0 11:36 240 2120
    12 12 14.0 5.14 61.7 12:38 240 2360
    13 13 14.5 4.97 64.6 13:43 260 2620
    14 13 15.0 4.80 62.4 14:45 260 2880
    15 13 15.5 4.65 60.4 15:46 260 3140
    16 14 16.0 4.50 63.0 16:49 280 3420
    17 14 16.5 4.36 61.1 17:50 280 3700
    18 15 17.0 4.24 63.5 18:53 300 4000
    19 15 17.5 4.11 61.7 19:55 300 4300
    20 16 18.0 4.00 64.0 20:59 320 4620
    21 16 18.5 3.89 62.3 22:01 320 4940

Can I ask where you sourced this info? Gonna give this a lash on a treadmill tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭AM11

You'd be better off marking out the 20 meters and actually doing the shuttles. Its a big difference being about to run at that speed for the given amount of time to having to stop and start every few seconds. You're losing all momentum and having to generate it again in the opposite direction. I could easily do the time on the threadmil but when I tried the app I struggled. Just a suggestion. Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

Redzer99 wrote: »
    What tool you so long to be called? Vetting? I'm between 600-610. Do ya think Feb would be realistic? Vetting has been cleared.

Held up by vetting, only got the all clear three weeks ago. If there's a load of people held up with vetting you could be in with a chance, fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Can I ask where you sourced this info? Gonna give this a lash on a treadmill tonight.

Just googled for it and it can up with that, it's the UK version.
    AM11 wrote: »
    You'd be better off marking out the 20 meters and actually doing the shuttles. Its a big difference being about to run at that speed for the given amount of time to having to stop and start every few seconds. You're losing all momentum and having to generate it again in the opposite direction. I could easily do the time on the threadmil but when I tried the app I struggled. Just a suggestion. Good luck

Agree, as I said. I would use it to supplement a 20 metre marked out run. What I plan to do is, the 20 metres on its own, and when in the gym, try doing 8 mins at 12km/h max for my level.

As I mentioned before in another thread, if your near any tennis courts, tram line to tram line (think that the top and bottom lines!) is 23 metres in total, if you can do the 23 metres without any issue you'll have breathing space on the 20 metre shuttle run.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sugar378

Vamp369 wrote: »
    Held up by vetting, only got the all clear three weeks ago. If there's a load of people held up with vetting you could be in with a chance, fingers crossed.

How do you know when you clear vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Book1995

Hi guys was wondering i have all stages done i did my fitness test 2 weeks ago and passed but by oom is high its around 800 when could i expect to be called.

Sugar378 wrote: »
    How do you know when you clear vetting?

Like many, I kept ringing and emailing HR til I was told it's completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Ring and email until they know you by name! I'm contacting them that much I'll be invited round for tea next :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Ring and email until they know you by name! I'm contacting them that much I'll be invited round for tea next :)

You deserve red carpet and all at Templemore at this stage!...i won't lie the min offers are out for February I'll be on here checking if you posted!

VW73 wrote: »
    You deserve red carpet and all at Templemore at this stage!...i won't lie the min offers are out for February I'll be on here checking if you posted!

Haha, anyone waiting for vetting this long deserves it mate :)

Ah i really cant see it happening for me, i dunno what it is but somebody somewhere doesnt want me to join :( I would have been cleared by now you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Haha, anyone waiting for vetting this long deserves it mate :)

Ah i really cant see it happening for me, i dunno what it is but somebody somewhere doesnt want me to join :( I would have been cleared by now you know...

Has anyone said what is holding you up? Is it local stuff or international vetting do you know or what is it!

TallGlass wrote: »
    Has anyone said what is holding you up? Is it local stuff or international vetting do you know or what is it!

Nobody has told me anything, I've asked so many times for an explanation but I cant get one.

I was cleared without any issues at local level so I haven't the foggiest what's going on! :( I literally have no nerves left haha

Book1995 wrote: »
    Hi guys was wondering i have all stages done i did my fitness test 2 weeks ago and passed but by oom is high its around 800 when could i expect to be called.

I wouldn't imagine so. November class were roughly in the 400s. But there's lads higher up on the panel in the 100s for example that have vetting outstanding. If they're cleared by the time the invitations are being sent out they'll be called first then it'll go down the OOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

does your OOM drop after the medical lads?Ive the physical left thats about it!

• Advertisement

Sparky_7 wrote: »
    does your OOM drop after the medical lads?Ive the physical left thats about it!

No, once you get your OOM after interview that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alan1d

I just recieved my offer their, did anyone else get one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Bear22

Received an offer too, absolutely delighted!

Bear22 wrote: »
    Received an offer too, absolutely delighted!

Well done congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Alan1d wrote: »
    well done!Is it for Feb 13th ya?

Just got an offer. Delighted.

congrats on getting it :) w=do you mind me asking what you oom was :)

thanks and well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Congrats
    When did you do your interview in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irishlad199

Got my offer today over the moon!! ☺

D Trent wrote: »
    Congrats
    When did you do your interview in Dublin?

August

Any idea when the induction packs will be send out for the lads starting in February?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭CreamTim

Does anyone have the number for ringing HQ (preferably a direct line to the Garda Trainee) ,

CreamTim wrote: »
    Does anyone have the number for ringing HQ (preferably a direct line to the Garda Trainee) ,

01-6662571

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Out of interest, does the OOM that you get at interview stay with you till the end or does it change again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Out of interest, does the OOM that you get at interview stay with you till the end or does it change again?

It stays the same after interview til you enter Templemore.

Any idea when the induction packs will be send out for the lads starting in February?

I got mine yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SKW17

Hi
    My OOM is under 20 and my vetting is complete. I failed the physical on push ups and have a resit in the middle of January, do you think it would be too late for Feb?

Also has anyone got any tips on perfecting my push ups?

SKW17 wrote: »
    Hi
    My OOM is under 20 and my vetting is complete. I failed the physical on push ups and have a resit in the middle of January, do you think it would be too late for Feb?

Hi, really hard to tell if get offer with this campaign anything is possible, regarding push ups my advice weights in the gym, i found them very hard to do so got trainer in gym and he advised weights to up strength in arms, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

Has anyone received their info packs yet or have any idea when we'll be getting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 clockwork26

Has anyone received their info packs yet or have any idea when we'll be getting them?

I got mine on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Jecksfly

SKW17 wrote: »
    Hi

Hard luck, Does that mean you have to do yhe beep test again? Ive my physical 10th Jan. Really struggling with beep test though.

To those starting this February, anyone interested in potential car pooling? I'll be going to and from North Kildare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

This is so exciting !! I can join this group now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daz9941061

I got my offer today. Not really been posting in here. I have just been waiting to get my offer. So glad it arrived and I can finally relax after a year and 2 months. Congrats to everyone who will be starting soon. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the induction week.

OMG got my date today induction week 6th of feb

• Registered Users Posts: 23 nmf28

Got my offer today also! Absolutely delighted, perfect Christmas present :) congrats others who got theirs!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Madgek85

Loving the excitement! Bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 SuperReds123

For those of you who have got yer offers this week when did ye do yer fitness test if you don't mind me asking, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 nmf28

For those of you who have got yer offers this week when did ye do yer fitness test if you don't mind me asking, thanks

I did mine the 6th December

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

I am joining ye all too.... any Galway heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Alimanor

Well done,got mine today too..will be travelling from the north west,see ye all in February..Happy Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dcw2016

I done mine at the start of December

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SKW17

Jecksfly wrote: »
    Hard luck, Does that mean you have to do yhe beep test again? Ive my physical 10th Jan. Really struggling with beep test though.

Yes, I have to re do the bleep test, sit ups and push ups.

• Advertisement
Advertisement