Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda trainee febuary class 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dcw2016

Tracie123 wrote: »
    Hi all. Does anyone know what the holiday entitlements are in Templemore? Or are we entitled to any days off during the 38 weeks? Family holiday booked during the summer and I need to know whether to cancel or not, thanks.

From my reading in the info pack this morning we can't take holidays we have 2 weeks break between phase 1 and phase 2. but there are exceptions and you have to apply as soon as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Tracie123

Thanks very much.. I had heard about the "reading weeks" but I wasnt sure if you could take them at your own leisure. Hopefully if I apply as soon as they will let me take the holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hounddoggydogg

Anyone on the 6th Feb induction week know if they are booking us in the Horse and Jockey on the Sunday night or is it just turn up Monday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Is it not 32 weeks with 2 weeks hols after? I was wondering too what happens with bank hols and public hols, Easter etc! I usually away for s few days that Easter weekend myself

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dcw2016

Loradublin wrote: »
    Is it not 32 weeks with 2 weeks hols after? I was wondering too what happens with bank hols and public hols, Easter etc! I usually away for s few days that Easter weekend myself

I read it as the 32 weeks and then 2 weeks off before phase 2. But I think there is also a reading week in there too for study. I say we could have bank holidays off but not holidays like schools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Alimanor

Anyone on the 6th Feb induction week know if they are booking us in the Horse and Jockey on the Sunday night or is it just turn up Monday morning?

From reading it,I think we're booked in from Monday on,not including Sunday night.

Do we bring wear a suit in the Garda college until we receive our uniforms does anybody know? In the information booklet it has suit of plain clothes and shoes and wondering is that what it means..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Hey is your induction week 2 only 4 days too? Also anyone know is there a dress code for induction week?

Loradublin wrote: »
    Hey is your induction week 2 only 4 days too? Also anyone know is there a dress code for induction week?

Ya,its from Monday to Thursday..Not sure about a dress code tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Alimanor wrote: »
    Ya,its from Monday to Thursday..Not sure about a dress code tho..

As far as I know, suit and boot. Well groomed - start as u mean to go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

Quick question about the form we have to fill with the family details. What are people putting down for degree of relationship? Is it as simple as 'cousin' or 'uncle' or how well you know them?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bobspringsteen

Hi, just wondering if anyone who has induction on 31st still hasn't received their induction pack?

Is there anything in it that we have to complete before 31st? Or anything we need to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Quick question about the form we have to fill with the family details. What are people putting down for degree of relationship? Is it as simple as 'cousin' or 'uncle' or how well you know them?

Thanks!

Is the the form B??

No from the information pack list.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

No from the information pack list.

Didnt see that??!!!

Alimanor wrote: »

From reading it,I think we're booked in from Monday on,not including Sunday night.
    I thought so. I've booked in on the Sunday night anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Book1995

Il see on the sunday booked in myself for it :) whats the dress code for that week ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TwinStar

Does anyone know anything about the group who completed interviews at the start of December? I have my Medical on the 23rd of Jan and I was invited down to an open day in the Garda College on the 28th of Jan. I'm guessing we'll be heading down in May at the earliest? or would they throw us in with the Feb group? I haven't been given any dates for the physical or anything. Any info at all really!

Also, if anyone wants a lift down to the Garda College on the 28th of January, I'll be heading down from Bray, if you're on the way, I don't mind giving you a free lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

TwinStar wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything about the group who completed interviews at the start of December? I have my Medical on the 23rd of Jan and I was invited down to an open day in the Garda College on the 28th of Jan. I'm guessing we'll be heading down in May at the earliest? or would they throw us in with the Feb group? I haven't been given any dates for the physical or anything. Any info at all really!

Also, if anyone wants a lift down to the Garda College on the 28th of January, I'll be heading down from Bray, if you're on the way, I don't mind giving you a free lift.

Wow they really are flying through ye, that's great :) February would definitely be out for you anyway as there are 3 physical dates in January that I know about, and I'm guessing some of those will fill the remaining spots in February intake (if there is any)

May looks very likely for yourself, again depending on vetting. There are some people held up a long time with vetting, but hopefully that won't be the case with you. Once our campaign is in and your OOM is reached, then you will be called. Possibly May or August :)

Best of luck with medical and physical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

I'm in the same boat. Medical next week and open day the week after. We won't hear about a physical date until we pass the medical so just need to concentrate on getting that out of the way first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Brains55

Book1995 wrote: »
    Il see on the sunday booked in myself for it :) whats the dress code for that week ?

My local sergeant told me wear a suit unless otherwise told

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Daniel12321

Hi, what do people wear when visiting the Superintendent? I'll be going straight from work!!

Ah nice one :-) I seen someone on here mentioning dressing formally but i can't see a need for it on induction week?

I think we'll have to be suited and booted when we land in and have it on hand for the week. We'll have the shiny new tracksuits on for First Aid and Manual Handling but we may need formal attire for any talks and speeches we'll have to attend.

I'm open to contradiction though!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 clockwork26

I think we'll have to be suited and booted when we land in and have it on hand for the week. We'll have the shiny new tracksuits on for First Aid and Manual Handling but we may need formal attire for any talks and speeches we'll have to attend.

I would agree with that myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Hi, just wondering are we to buy the college tracksuit on induction week? thanks

VW73 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering are we to buy the college tracksuit on induction week? thanks

Yeah the info pack says "Sportswear will be required to be purchased on registration day"

Yeah the info pack says "Sportswear will be required to be purchased on registration day"

Perfect, wanted to double check, thank you

It also says " All above marked * are available to purchase in the Garda College shop" ..... that's all very well if the induction was actually at the college!! Are they going to have a pop up shop at the location of induction?

• Advertisement

It also says " All above marked * are available to purchase in the Garda College shop" ..... that's all very well if the induction was actually at the college!! Are they going to have a pop up shop at the location of induction?

Thats a good point haha

Thats a good point haha

Hi, I'm thinking we will probably be brought to college every day,

Do we need dates of births for the first cousins to or is it just their job and were they live ?

Do we need dates of births for the first cousins to or is it just their job and were they live ?
    Hi, just job and address

Hi, just job and address

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

You won't get uniform or anything else on induction week. You'll get them at the start of training in the college!

• Advertisement

Hi, just job and address

What about cousins that have moved abroad?

No I didn't include cousins abroad- it says "in the Rep. of Ireland" so i'd say that's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paulcunn862

Hi, just job and address

Folks

Can anyine shed light on what this is in regards to cousins job and address?

I'm doing the PCT test this Saturday and then just have to meet the local Seargant and Superintendent. I didn't think there was anymore forms to be filled in, can anyone advise on this?

Thanks

Folks

Can anyine shed light on what this is in regards to cousins job and address?

I'm doing the PCT test this Saturday and then just have to meet the local Seargant and Superintendent. I didn't think there was anymore forms to be filled in, can anyone advise on this?

Thanks

Hiya, the forms they are referring to are to be filled in once you have been offered a place in Templemore :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paulcunn862

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Hiya, the forms they are referring to are to be filled in once you have been offered a place in Templemore :)

Ah I see thanks for that. So many threads on hear and seeing so many different things.

On another note, are most people meeting their seargant and super before or after their PCT test? Noticing a lot of people have meet them before the PCT but I haven't heard from either of them.

• Advertisement

Ah I see thanks for that. So many threads on hear and seeing so many different things.

On another note, are most people meeting their seargant and super before or after their PCT test? Noticing a lot of people have meet them before the PCT but I haven't heard from either of them.

I know.. it can be a bit of a minefield of info here. I can only tell you my story- I got called to meet my sergeant and super soon after I passed my interview and before my medical. Seems to vary a lot though!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sugar378

Does anybody know is it up to the superintendent when you get to that stage if you get in or not I had my meeting with him yesterday and I have one thing on the pulse never went to court but don't look great.. he quizzed me and seemed happy with my reason and what happened but said it don't look good when getting in.. he finished by saying sure we'll send it off and see what happens but be happy ive a job now if i dont get in I couldn't read him.. who does he send it off to?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Sugar378 wrote: »
    Does anybody know is it up to the superintendent when you get to that stage if you get in or not I had my meeting with him yesterday and I have one thing on the pulse never went to court but don't look great.. he quizzed me and seemed happy with my reason and what happened but said it don't look good when getting in.. he finished by saying sure we'll send it off and see what happens but be happy ive a job now if i dont get in I couldn't read him.. who does he send it off to?
    I assume he means it will come up when they are vetting you in Thurles and somebody else will make the decision on you

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sugar378

Oh I thought he was the last person to kind of vet me. Who exactly is it in Thurles that vets you or what is the process there do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Oh I thought he was the last person to kind of vet me. Who exactly is it in Thurles that vets you or what is the process there do you know?

No they give a recommendation on you to HQ I think. It's the vetting bureau in Thurles I think it's called will do background checks on your family and more in depth checks on you. I'm open to correction though on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭maude6868

Hi, I don't know if anybody can answer me but my daughter has applied and is waiting on interview. I can't find an answer to my question anywhere but with regards to BMI she would be under 18.5. She has a BMI of 17. Can you fail on BMI being too low. Thanks

maude6868 wrote: »
    Hi, I don't know if anybody can answer me but my daughter has applied and is waiting on interview. I can't find an answer to my question anywhere but with regards to BMI she would be under 18.5. She has a BMI of 17. Can you fail on BMI being too low. Thanks

Yes you can fail if it's too low. They will give you another chance if you just fail on the BMI in the Medical but you could be waiting months to be seen again. It slows up the progress big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭maude6868

Yes you can fail if it's too low. They will give you another chance if you just fail on the BMI in the Medical but you could be waiting months to be seen again. It slows up the progress big time.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Garda91

Superintendent recommends you to the commissioner, commissioner makes final decision on you based on your vetting reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

Hi guys, just wondering if there are many of ye still waiting on your vetting? I passed the physical before christmas and am just waiting on the vetting. I was hoping to get the call for febuary but at the moment i think it seems unlikely. :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement