Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda trainee febuary class 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 clockwork26

How strict are they with the runners being predominantly white? Its near impossible to find white runners these days

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Hi guys, just wondering if there are many of ye still waiting on your vetting? I passed the physical before christmas and am just waiting on the vetting. I was hoping to get the call for febuary but at the moment i think it seems unlikely. :/

There are a few of us. I did my physical in October and still waiting on vetting! I think February is nearly full at this stage so May looks more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Coffeeguzzler

How strict are they with the runners being predominantly white? Its near impossible to find white runners these days

I'm in the same boat!

I've asked a friend who is down there at the moment and they're not strict, they're wearing all sorts of colours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Just bring any normal runners, nothing outlandish, like bright orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 noelctb

Has ny enquired about days off during the college week? I have a holiday booked from d Thursday to Sunday on d 1st week start n Templemore ..Wonder would they let a man go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

On the uniform sizing sheet, what did people put down for leg length, the outseam length or inseam?

Vamp369 wrote: »
    On the uniform sizing sheet, what did people put down for leg length, the outseam length or inseam?

I used inseam! Fingers crossed that's the right one

I did the opposite! I'll see if I can find out

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Inner..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Madgek85

I did inner

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭VW73

Vamp369 wrote: »

Hi i went to seamstress and she measured inner leg

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Redzer99

Was the uniform sizes not supposed to me sent back before the 6th January??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Xios wrote: »
    Just bring any normal runners, nothing outlandish, like bright orange.

My guess on the runners been white is so that the floor is not marked with black runners. So I would say once the sole is white and non marking it would be okay!

Redzer99 wrote: »
    Was the uniform sizes not supposed to me sent back before the 6th January??

They were, I was just asking because I thought I made a mistake so I'll ring them up to correct it.

I read on an old forum that if you let your car insurance company know you're moving to Tipp for 8 months they could knock the price off your policy a bit. Worth a try!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Madgek85

I read on an old forum that if you let your car insurance company know you're moving to Tipp for 8 months they could knock the price off your policy a bit. Worth a try!

Anyone try this?

Madgek85 wrote: »
    Anyone try this?

I rang my insurer today, they said the change of address would add 72e to my policy. I have just over four months left on it.

Also, if you don't notify your insurer that your vehicle will be at a different address for 4 or more nights of the week, it may invalidate your policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Kilrodane boy

Hi does everyone have their own separate room or is it 2 sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭dcw2016

Hi does everyone have their own separate room or is it 2 sharing

In Templemore it's single bedrooms with a sink a desk and a bed, we have to share showers and toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mike92

Is it true we have another fitness test pretty much within the first few weeks of starting in Templemore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Dingle20144

Mike92 wrote: »
    Is it true we have another fitness test pretty much within the first few weeks of starting in Templemore?

You hardly think you do enough to get over the physical and that's it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

Yes you will. Best to keep the fitness levels high :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mike92

Awesome I loved the last one was looking forward to another :)

Awesome I loved the last one was looking forward to another :)

Weirdo!!

Don't get me wrong, love my training but doing sit ups for time and hopping over gates isn't my idea of fun!!

Anybody know if anyone that did the physical yesterday got an offer or do we reckon February is full?!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 redgreendragon

DooraGirl wrote: »
    Anybody know if anyone that did the physical yesterday got an offer or do we reckon February is full?!

It looks like it's full to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

Time to change this to the May thread or start a new 1 id say!:angel:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Sparky_7 wrote: »

May intake or later most likely for myself too!

Hopefully I don't fail medical tho first ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

Change this to a May thread

Sweet Jesus don't have another thread on here

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

Looks like it's time for a new thread! As far as I know February is filled.

• Advertisement

Loradublin wrote: »
    Looks like it's time for a new thread! As far as I know February is filled.

I'm still not ruling out getting an email on Monday *when I pass the physical on Saturday. * Dear God let me pass : D
    You just never know!!

Other than that, April 17th has my name on it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Loradublin

I'm still not ruling out getting an email on Monday *when I pass the physical on Saturday. * Dear God let me pass : D
    You just never know!!

Oh yeah of course!! I was just thinking in terms of "28 days notice" . Hopefully we will have another female with us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sparky_7

You just never know!!

April 17th?🀔

April 17th?🀔

Next intake is 2nd May.. 1st induction week probably 17th April so hoping for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Oisin182

Hi I've been accepted to start in February just wondering about the form we have to fill in about our cousin's? Was it emailed to us or is it supposed to be in the information pack? I don't seem to have one.. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cocopops24

Oisin182 wrote: »
    Hi I've been accepted to start in February just wondering about the form we have to fill in about our cousin's? Was it emailed to us or is it supposed to be in the information pack? I don't seem to have one.. thanks
    There's no form - you just type it up yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

When did you get accepted for february bud?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irishlad199

Many people on this thread heading for orientation week on the 31st?? 🙋

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

I didn't see any questions about cousins on form B, my daughter had her interview and passed and has medical on tuesday, when do they look for that info please

• Advertisement

Henry2006 wrote: »
    I didn't see any questions about cousins on form B, my daughter had her interview and passed and has medical on tuesday, when do they look for that info please

On acceptance to Templemore

On acceptance to Templemore
    Thanks a mill, she has a lot of cousins so this will really add time to the vetting. Can I ask about the oom, I'm not sure how that works hers was 165 before the interview and then after interview it changed to 69, is it the higher number the better or lower, have looked and I can't see any info on it anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Thanks a mill, she has a lot of cousins so this will really add time to the vetting. Can I ask about the oom, I'm not sure how that works hers was 165 before the interview and then after interview it changed to 69, is it the higher number the better or lower, have looked and I can't see any info on it anywhere?

The cousins aren't required for vetting but instead are required so that you're not stationed in an area that may cause a conflict of interest. This information will not cause a delay in the vetting process.

The lower your OOM (Overall Order of Merrit) the better

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    The cousins aren't required for vetting but instead are required so that you're not stationed in an area that may cause a conflict of interest. This information will not cause a delay in the vetting process.

The lower your OOM (Overall Order of Merrit) the better
    ok great, many thanks for answering both points. I'm new to Boards so still figuring out how to reply etc.

When did you get accepted for february bud?

It was about a week before Christmas..

Cocopops24 wrote: »
    There's no form - you just type it up yourself!

Is it just name occupation and address?? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 SKW17

Does anyone know if the February class is full?

SKW17 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the February class is full?

There were people at the physical on Saturday saying that it wasn't.. really not sure what the story is. I'm glued to my phone for any updates or emails! Are you hoping for an offer this week?

There were people at the physical on Saturday saying that it wasn't.. really not sure what the story is. I'm glued to my phone for any updates or emails! Are you hoping for an offer this week?

I passed the PCT on Saturday and my OOM is under 50 so I was just wondering. I emailed HR a few months ago and they advised my vetting was complete x

SKW17 wrote: »
    I passed the PCT on Saturday and my OOM is under 50 so I was just wondering. I emailed HR a few months ago and they advised my vetting was complete x
    wow well done thats great, I'd say you will hear very soon. Have you met the Sergeant yet ?

wow well done thats great, I'd say you will hear very soon. Have you met the Sergeant yet ?

Yes, months ago x

• Advertisement
Advertisement