Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda trainee febuary class 2017

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

JS533 wrote: »
    Hi I have my fitness test tomorrow at 3:30 . It'll be the last thing I have to do before the dreaded wait to be called haha. Does anyone have a rough idea of how long it took them to be called after they had everything done? Fingers crossed for May batch .
    Cheers.

It's really really hard to judge. I know of people who had their physical on a Saturday and were offered a place on the Monday. Likewise, I know of people who had everything done but were waiting for months due to vetting.

It all depends on your vetting being clear and your order of merit being reached. Hopefully it's May for you. The very best of luck for tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13 JS533

DooraGirl wrote: »
    It's really really hard to judge. I know of people who had their physical on a Saturday and were offered a place on the Monday. Likewise, I know of people who had everything done but were waiting for months due to vetting.

It all depends on your vetting being clear and your order of merit being reached. Hopefully it's May for you. The very best of luck for tomorrow :)

Thanks for the reply ,
    Guess ill just have to sit tight so. Looking forward to getting fitness test out of the way haha. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Book1995

any body from cork starting their induction on the 6th :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭DooraGirl

JS533 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply ,
    Guess ill just have to sit tight so. Looking forward to getting fitness test out of the way haha. Thank you!

I'm hoping for May too.. the waiting is crap! It's like being in limbo. Our time will come. Patience is a virtue as they say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Azizur Rahman

Lads, bring your own tracksuits for induction, not getting the others till we start proper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Police1 wrote: »
    Vamp369 wrote: »

Thats a relief thanks a mill,only got called on tuesday so everything is a mad rush

Did you only get a weeks notice? When did you pass your fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddyr1991

Hi,

I have to sit an Irish assessment. Information is quite hard to come across regarding it. Anybody on here able to divulge a bit and point me in the right direction of what to know/cover etc?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 paddyr1991

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'm just a little unfit to be quite honest! So I wouldn't be too hopefull I will pass it. I just passed the Irish assessment so was flat out with that. Going to start on training for physical never know I could surprise myself and pass. It's just the push up and sit ups I am worried about, I should manage the bleep test hopefully with a bottle of water.
    Hi TallGlass

Just got confirmation that I've passed the interview stage and I imagine I am coming to the stage where I have to sit an Irish assessment. How was it?

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Vamp369

Hi all,
    I'm signing off this part of boards. Best of luck to everyone in the college.

Advertisement