Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career change but still figuring it out?

Options
  • 06-12-2016 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I want to leave my current role but don't have anything lined up. Many have said stick with it for the moment etc but the stress and headache of it all has taken its toll on me. Problem is I don't know what I want to do next. I might not figure that out for another month, six months...but I need to work. As a stop gap of sorts, I was thinking of maybe looking at temping for a short period, is there still a demand for temps in office/admin roles? I've never dealt with a recruitment agency before but this is presumably the route I take?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, you would need to go thru agencies. The trick is to find one where you can make yourself memorable to the recruiters (for the right reasons!), so they think of you when they're looking for someone. Does anyone you know work in a place that uses agency staff - is there any way you can get introduced?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks. Some of my friends workplaces may do so I'll have to ask around. But in the meantime I guess I just sign up with a number of agencies and hope for the best? I don't exactly know what I want to do yet so I'm wondering if that will be a bit of a stumbling block when it comes to talking to them or do the agencies work with me on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

My recommendation for all folks in your situation:

What Color is Your Parachute : 2017

A great book to help you decide where to land if you jump :-)

Advertisement