Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Guitar For Sale (Galway)

Options
  • 07-12-2016 3:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm interested in selling my LAG Arkane 200, I had it up on adverts for the past three months with no offers. Anyone know of a place in galway that buys second hand instruments for a reasonable price? I know the second hand shops are a rip off :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭endacl

In fairness, they're really not.

Whoever they sell it to will only buy it at a price that won't leave them thinking 'sure feck it. For another 100 I could have a new one'. Scoop out a bit of this price to make it worth the shop's time taking it of your hands, and storing it till it's sold, if it sells at all, and you're left with what they'll offer you. For a not particularly expensive or desirable guitar. Sell it yourself if you think you'll get more or can be bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

that guitar retails at €499 with free shipping

cash in shop after a good haggle and no shipping? €450 maybe less

MINT used? expect to buy it in a shop €300 MAX

shop needs to pay rent heating and VAT, and feed his kids, so expect no more than €150.

bear in mind he can get the new one wholesale for around €300 and if theres a fault he can return it to the manufacturer. With a used instrument any warrany issues land back on the shop.

that's not ripping anyone off, that's taking a niche market guitar that after playing 35 years and being VERY active in buying and selling, I had to google to see what it was......

How much were you expecting for it?

Advertisement