Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car mechanic

Options
  • 07-12-2016 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic, Im in Ballymakenny Drogheda so ideally someone around that area. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Judges Motors up beside Tesco, I've always found them very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Helmet wrote: »

Correct, one of the best garages in Town, sound lads who will not rip you off or charge excessively.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

Thanks Helmet...... where exactly are they ? I'll be up that way later and I'd like to call in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thanks Helmet...... where exactly are they ? I'll be up that way later and I'd like to call in.

At the top of the road of the TLT theatre, just across from Reynolds Garage, on the road outside Tesco car park.

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Correct, one of the best garages in Town, sound lads who will not rip you off or charge excessively.

Certainly not my experience of them! Mental prices and a 'not really interested' attitude to me looking to get glow plugs changed on a car a while back. Seemed like a nice chap, all the same, but dunno if they are just overly busy, or what the craic is, but the prices he was throwing at me were insanity.

First and last visit I made.

OP, I use a chap in Millmount called Aiden O Haire. Find him very reasonable. If you want his number or such PM me but he's been excellent to me, personally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

andrew1977 wrote: »
    At the top of the road of the TLT theatre, just across from Reynolds Garage, on the road outside Tesco car park.
    Got a price for the work which I think is reasonable so thanks for the recommendation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

OP, I use a chap in Millmount called Aiden O Haire. Find him very reasonable. If you want his number or such PM me but he's been excellent to me, personally.

I second Hairy, very reasonable.

Advertisement