Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappies!

Options
  • 07-12-2016 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

This has probably been done to death but when I searched there were no recent threads on which nappies to use.

We have a 6 week old and are currently using Aldi nappies which are grand but was wondering about Tesco and Lidl own brand as we sometimes shop there and Aldi is a bit out of the way. What do people reckon are the best value in nappies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

levi wrote: »
    This has probably been done to death but when I searched there were no recent threads on which nappies to use.

We have a 6 week old and are currently using Aldi nappies which are grand but was wondering about Tesco and Lidl own brand as we sometimes shop there and Aldi is a bit out of the way. What do people reckon are the best value in nappies?

I think LIDL. I have a two year old girl and a 6 month old boy and use Lidl ones mostly. I find Aldi a little more expensive than Lidl overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Aldi ones were fine for my youngest. We also used the tesco ones and didn't have any problems with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Lidl and Aldi ones are the cheapest, but I always found they leaked for my son.

My husband gets someone he works with to pick up Costco sized bags of Pampers.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Lidl nappies were better for us. Pampers always leaked :(

I think it can depend on the baby and also how well they suit can change as they grow, so try all packs and see which ones suit best and use those for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭sareer

We have been using Aldi from the start and love them. My son is 14 months now. Had to buy Pampers once and was not impressed with the quality and recently had to buy Tesco and my son had a rash for every day he wore them which immediately went away when we went back on Aldi nappies. Never buying these two again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

We've been using aldi since our 18 month old was born without issue. We were given some pampers and they were awful, we personally wouldn't buy them. But the SuperValu range ones are great too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

You definitely won't get a clear answer - you need to try them yourself and see what your favourite is. When our daughter was smaller we found the Aldi ones best, recently we're back using Pampers Baby Dry and they're grand. I also really like the Lidl ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Lidl nappies here, definitley better by far for us. Pampers were no better quality for the price and randomly Aldi nappies gave both my daughters spots on their tummies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Lidls would be my fav, they are really thin but have never had them leak. That said since Dunnes have been doing their Shop and Save promotion I tend to buy their own brand nappies, they are a bit more bulky but have never had a leak in those either.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lidl yes
    Tesco no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

We use Aldi nappies for day time and pampers active fit at night. I tried Lidl nappies but they gave him a rash each and every time he wore a lidl nappy. I think Aldi are great value for money. Also tried Boots own brand nappies once and they were grand, on par with pampers and Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Seems like depends on the baby... I've some Tesco ones to try and I'll give lidl a shot too. I notice lidl have 2 types, cheaper ones and then more expensive ones which I think are in purple packaging - worth the extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've never tried the purple ones, love the ones in the blue/green pack

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

Im using Aldi ones at the mo for my 7 wk old and they're generally pretty good, the odd leak or poonami up the back but tbh nothing would have contained the amount of poop or giant pee!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭scarepanda

We use Aldi, never had an issue with them with rashes etc. We have had the odd leak with poos, but she doesn't poo everyday so when she does its usually an explosion, I'm not sure any nappy would contain it! She's pooing more regularly the last couple of weeks and no leaks.
    We got a sample of pampers when she was born and we weren't impressed with them at all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We found boots own brand the best and cheapest but you need to try them all as it depends on the child .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Moonbeam wrote: »
    We found boots own brand the best and cheapest but you need to try them all as it depends on the child .

Aldi all the way. Still using with 26mth old.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 missvicky

I was using the aldi ones since my 18 month old was a newborn but found lately the quality is not as good. Using lidl or boots ones now and find them brilliant. Would only use tesco if im very stuck but find myself constantly changing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

I really think it depends on babies shape which works best. We use lidl during the day and pampers at night. Tried lidl nappies when he was a size 2 and had loads of leaks but when he moved to size 3 was fine. Originally used their blue day and night pack but he is in a six now and their normal big packs are great. Have also found boots and chicco nappies quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We change depending on the offers 😜 Free amazon nappies? Sure. No offers then aldi or less often Lidl. Have also used Tesco and boots own brand without issues

• Advertisement
Advertisement