Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an iOS app that tracks app usage.

• 07-12-2016 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the thread title says, I am looking for an app for iOS that tracks the usage of other apps.

I am not looking for anything hugely detailed - something that told me simply which apps were used in a day, how many times, and for how long in total - is what I want. So the app would tell me that the Facebook app was opened 23 times in one day, and used for 42 minutes in total, or that Chrome was opened 8 times in one day and use for 23 minutes in total, but no more detail than that.

I already have an app that does this for android phones, called Quality Time, but can't find anything for iOS. Makers of the Quality Time app say theirs is Android only as Apple does not allow apps that track app usage (of other apps).

There are a few that claim to do this (or something similar) for iOS, most notably Moment, but all that seems to do is track the number of times the device itself is being used, and for how long in total.

I am hoping that iOS user will be able to recommend something. Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Not possible without jailbreaking.

Advertisement