Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrible Service

Options
  • 07-12-2016 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

We signed up with a €40 a month contract with Eir 6 months ago. Since we started the bill has never been €40. We asked twice to see why it was over and we were told log into and App that never worked. Eventually after an extremely long wait on the phone we got through to someone in customer service who told us it was the mobile phone part of the contract. (We have TV, Internet and Mobile) as part of the package. We couldn't log into the app to check why the usage was so high so we decided to just not use the mobile number given, go back to pay as you go and leave the mobile aside.

We went into the Eir shop and asked if we could have our own mobile back on a pay as you go and put the Eir contract onto a different number and just not use it, and the staff member said it was all fine. As soon as we got home out TV and internet services were cancelled. After HOURS waiting on the phone to get through to the worst Customer service department I've ever experienced in my life, they told us they want €400 off us for not using the mobile phone anymore. Why would they want €400 for us not to use something that you have supplied for free? Again, last night we rang to try make sense of it all, waited 37 minutes on the phone to get through to someone and when we did eventually get through he but us through to someone in Billing and it took a further 20 minutes of waiting before we eventually had to hang up. In the meantime we went back in the Eir shop in town to which the staff member just simply crossed his arms and said it was nothing to do with him.

There is now no TV or internet in our house. Why are we suffering because you have a terrible customer service office and ignorant staff members in your stores that couldn't advise us correctly on the mobile part of the bill?

Reading through these threads here it starts to make sense. I also posted this on Facebook to see if anyone could be of any help and 4 of my friends that saw the post had the exact same issues and said it took nearly 12 months to sort and after being threatened by your team of debt collectors it actually ended up in ye admitting ye were wrong and issuing a letter of apology!

This is seriously unacceptable and your customer service team seriously need a lesson in CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 iprinter

contact Eir Loyality not Eir Care

not happy with Eir's response

complain to comreg, you will find out the truth after that

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

iprinter wrote: »
    contact Eir Loyality not Eir Care

not happy with Eir's response

complain to comreg, you will find out the truth after that
    A good few people have told me to contract comreg after their experiences with Eir but I would rather try and sort it out sooner rather than later. They left fairly lengthy posts on my facebook of their ordeal. All we want to do is just have the mobile phone there but not use and continue to pay for all 3. I can't see why there is such an issue for us not wanting to use something they gave us for free.

Tried explaining this to customer service and it was like talking to a brick wall, they literally cut across everytime we tried to talk and told us to listen. They then told us to go into the shop and they were even worse.

So frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

We signed up with a €40 a month contract with Eir 6 months ago. Since we started the bill has never been €40. We asked twice to see why it was over and we were told log into and App that never worked. Eventually after an extremely long wait on the phone we got through to someone in customer service who told us it was the mobile phone part of the contract. (We have TV, Internet and Mobile) as part of the package. We couldn't log into the app to check why the usage was so high so we decided to just not use the mobile number given, go back to pay as you go and leave the mobile aside.

We went into the Eir shop and asked if we could have our own mobile back on a pay as you go and put the Eir contract onto a different number and just not use it, and the staff member said it was all fine. As soon as we got home out TV and internet services were cancelled. After HOURS waiting on the phone to get through to the worst Customer service department I've ever experienced in my life, they told us they want €400 off us for not using the mobile phone anymore. Why would they want €400 for us not to use something that you have supplied for free? Again, last night we rang to try make sense of it all, waited 37 minutes on the phone to get through to someone and when we did eventually get through he but us through to someone in Billing and it took a further 20 minutes of waiting before we eventually had to hang up. In the meantime we went back in the Eir shop in town to which the staff member just simply crossed his arms and said it was nothing to do with him.

There is now no TV or internet in our house. Why are we suffering because you have a terrible customer service office and ignorant staff members in your stores that couldn't advise us correctly on the mobile part of the bill?

Reading through these threads here it starts to make sense. I also posted this on Facebook to see if anyone could be of any help and 4 of my friends that saw the post had the exact same issues and said it took nearly 12 months to sort and after being threatened by your team of debt collectors it actually ended up in ye admitting ye were wrong and issuing a letter of apology!

This is seriously unacceptable and your customer service team seriously need a lesson in CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Limerick man,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry of your experience to date & sincere apologies.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your name & account number & I will look into this for you?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I will also relay your experience back to the relevant teams as feedback.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Got this issue sorted after getting through to a LOCAL call centre. Friendly staff will go a long way and I highly recommend you give this feedback to your superiors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Got this issue sorted after getting through to a LOCAL call centre. Friendly staff will go a long way and I highly recommend you give this feedback to your superiors.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Limerick man,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]glad you got this resolved. I'll pass your feedback on.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement