Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain name & email

Options
  • 07-12-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

You'll have to excuse my ignorance on this... & I'm probably in the wrong forum..

I registered my Domain name with Company A for 10 years a few years ago.
    I don't use a webpage, only @domainname.ie emails. I have noticed Company B are doing email only hosting for cheaper than I'm currently paying. (Plus I wouldn't mind wiping the password slate clean, I have about 10 different passwords to remember when setting up emails on a new device)

Can I use Company B's email only hosting while still having my Domain name registered with Company A? I don't want to loose out on few €100 by transferring for the sake of a few €'s.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Seanieke wrote: »
    Can I use Company B's email only hosting while still having my Domain name registered with Company A? I don't want to loose out on few €100 by transferring for the sake of a few €'s.

Generally, yes.

You should be able to re-point the mail records (DNS entries) which are hosted by Company A to the mail servers of Company B.

Company B should be able to provide you with any tech support you need to make the changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

As above, point the mx records to the new mail host once set up. Log into new server for access to email. Very simple

Advertisement