Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summary of a House extension

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭gooner99

Great thread. Do you have a pic of the Tylko unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

I don't have a pic on my phone and there's a lot of clutter on the shelfs at present!
    But it's fairly similar to this pic I found online except ours is dark grey and longer
    Lawrence-Tylko4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pete56

Really useful post Jay, thanks. We are taking on an extension build ourselves at the moment, any chance you could PM me the schedule of works you mentioned earlier in the thread.

PM me your email address and I'll forward them on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pete56

Great thanks, PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 finnyj

Hi Jay. Any chance you could send on a copy of the scope of work you used?

Just sent

• Registered Users Posts: 12 UL GRAD

Hi Jay - thanks for sharing your experience. Found it very helpful. We are just starting out on a similar process. Apologies - I know you have sent the schedule of works on to a lot of people but would you mind flicking it on to me as well if you get a chance as currently trying to put one together!

Hi UL Grad, can you PM me your email address and I'll send the attachment to you that way

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭geo88

Great thread Jay, thanks for sharing all of that information with us!

Would you mind also sending me on the details over PM please?

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Hi, PM me your email address and I'll send it on

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

jay0109 wrote: »
    Just checked my phone and only have 2 pics that have no people in them!
    Will try and take a few more over the weekend.

Basically, in pic #2, from the end of the island on is the extended area

Lovely job from the pics and detailed description. well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Very jealous of your extension. We are hoping to get something similar. Getting drawings down up next week. I love the big windows but does anyone know if the add massive costs to the project. I’m talking about this kinda style

uoKkdZ

https://goo.gl/images/uoKkdZ

I can't say for sure what extra they add but if memory serves me right they were about 1.5k each

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

starface wrote: »
    Very jealous of your extension. We are hoping to get something similar. Getting drawings down up next week. I love the big windows but does anyone know if the add massive costs to the project. I’m talking about this kinda style

uoKkdZ

https://goo.gl/images/uoKkdZ

That door and glazing system would be 10k alone when you take account of the additional structural elements and the units themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

This thread is very informative. Thanks. If there's any chance you could send me the details of the builder and the schedule of works, that would be great thanks.

PM your email address and I'll send the info on

Advertisement