If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 43" 4k TV

Options
  • 07-12-2016 1:05pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at an LG 43" 4k TV..

I'm comparing these 2 units

Is the only key difference here the ability to support Freesat on the more expensive unit?

Obviously if you have a better suggestion in a similar price range , I'm open to persuasion..

EDIT - Just another question , is the cheaper model the 43UH603V?

Thanks again..

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Quin,

Yep the unnamed 43" on the site is a 43UH603 - good detective work ;)

the main differences between the 603 and the 661 series are:

661 is Direct lit - 603 is edge lit

661 Series have 2 USB - 603 only has a single USB

603 has a free to air satellite tuner whilst 661 series also has a free to air sat tuner but the excellent Freesat HD EPG as well

the LG 43UH603 is a stonker of a buy at just £369 / €469!

thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Quin,

Yep the unnamed 43" on the site is a 43UH603 - good detective work ;)

the main differences between the 603 and the 661 series are:

661 is Direct lit - 603 is edge lit

661 Series have 2 USB - 603 only has a single USB

603 has a free to air satellite tuner whilst 661 series also has a free to air sat tuner but the excellent Freesat HD EPG as well

the LG 43UH603 is a stonker of a buy at just £369 / €469!

thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks John,

So for the 603 - The specs talk about Magic Zoom support etc. but reading the LG site it seems to suggest that you don't get the Magic Remote with that TV.

Does that mean you can only use those features via the phone app?

In terms of Edge vs. Direct lit , as someone coming from a 9 year old LG 32" HD screen would I really notice the difference? (e.g. Is the €100 worth it as the other feature differences aren't things I'd especially value)

Cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.