Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerline Sockets

Options
  • 07-12-2016 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,

Came across these doing a bit of a search and wondering has anybody used the like of them before?

I currently using 4G so the 200mbps would be fine and they would also cut down on clutter. Would be handy to replace a socket behind a TV e.g where there could be three of four items needing internet access these days.

They certainly look a great idea.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,018 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

mad price alright, seems about £80 for the others. Would be good to hear if anybody has first hand experience with them.

At least with the likes of these you are not wasting a socket by plugging in a powerline adapter.

Might keep an eye on prices and see if they pop up for sale anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,018 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

THE ALM wrote: »
    mad price alright, seems about £80 for the others. Would be good to hear if anybody has first hand experience with them.

At least with the likes of these you are not wasting a socket by plugging in a powerline adapter.

Might keep an eye on prices and see if they pop up for sale anytime.

I think I would prefer the option of being able to move a home plug to where I needed it, rather than have to replace all my double sockets with one socket and four RJ45 sockets

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

THE ALM wrote: »
    If you're using conventional powerline adapters with pass-through, which you should be doing anyway, then you don't lose anything.

Advertisement