Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone interested in Syndicate betting? Pool betting?

Options
  • 07-12-2016 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭

Afternoon fellow punters, just a quick question to see if any in here are interested in pooling our resources/research to see if we can beat the bookie over a sustained period of time? - A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

How would it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Is that you paddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Depends on how we want to run it. Several ways really but firstly would be the sharing of research. I do a lot of research on different sports mostly baseball, NFL and NBA and use several networks to get the best pricing and line moves.

If we were to start with the exchange of information see if we get to a point where an investment from each team member for a larger unified bet would make us more money over a long term really. You need money to make money obviously being the idea behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

For sharing of research a whatsapp group/facebook would probably be best

Id be interested anyway

I'd agree probably the best way to do it is a facebook or an alternative website. I'll look into that. But we could just start by sharing info here at the moment.

Most of the research I do is on American Sports.

• Advertisement

Just to understand the thought process behind the larger stake...

If multiple people pool their money to make a larger bet at some point the bankroll has to be divided which effectively means that it works out the same as each person betting with their own money.

There is also the problem that under 5% of people here may be profitable so the ones that know what they are doing will leave the syndicate when they see the bankroll being eroded by bad bets which leaves the blind leading the blind.

Sharing research and knowledge should absolutely be done but pooling the cash only benefits the people who don't want to place the bets themselves which likely means they won't be too helpful when it comes to doing a few hours of research either.

I have previously tried to form a good group but then friends started joining who knew little to nothing about betting but thought they did because they watched a premier league game at the weekend and read The Sun. It didn't end well. For the group to succeed you need people at the same level with the same work ethic.

I have a small tight group now and there is no nonsense of letting in mates just because they are mates. Doesn't mean I won't share tips with them after the group has placed their bets but have a clear idea of what it is you want from the group.

Just my 2c.

Division wrote: »
    Just to understand the thought process behind the larger stake...

If multiple people pool their money to make a larger bet at some point the bankroll has to be divided which effectively means that it works out the same as each person betting with their own money.

There is also the problem that under 5% of people here may be profitable so the ones that know what they are doing will leave the syndicate when they see the bankroll being eroded by bad bets which leaves the blind leading the blind.

Sharing research and knowledge should absolutely be done but pooling the cash only benefits the people who don't want to place the bets themselves which likely means they won't be too helpful when it comes to doing a few hours of research either.

I have previously tried to form a good group but then friends started joining who knew little to nothing about betting but thought they did because they watched a premier league game at the weekend and read The Sun. It didn't end well. For the group to succeed you need people at the same level with the same work ethic.

I have a small tight group now and there is no nonsense of letting in mates just because they are mates. Doesn't mean I won't share tips with them after the group has placed their bets but have a clear idea of what it is you want from the group.

Just my 2c.

Well lets just start with our research share.I'll set up a private page on the facebook and anyone wanting an invite just ping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Well lets just start with our research share.I'll set up a private page on the facebook and anyone wanting an invite just ping me.

Information yes, cash pooling, definite no no. Safeguarding the cash would be complicated, both in terms of trusting someone with the cash and/or trusting people to make logical bets etc. (And not just because, as any white-collar crime investigator will tell you, the office gambler is usually the first suspect in incidences of mis-appropriation).
    Given the mechanics which would need to be in place, it just wouldn't be tenable imo.
    A log style thread, with people contributing and following/matching each other would be the sensible approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Hey can I join

Setting the page up this week. Wont be live until Thursday as have some pressing work issues the early part of the week. Will leave a link here for all who want to join.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Is this going ahead? finished up work for 6 weeks on friday so could use the free time for some study

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Bump.

If there is interest I see no reason not to.

I'll set up a page today so.

I've set up a group on FB if anyone wants to send me their email then I'll invite etc

Its been 2 weeks. How is the group going?

unexpected surgery left me out of action for the last 3 weeks, so I haven't done anything with the group. I did set up the initial page and will add those of you who sent me your emails over the period I was out. Lets get it rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Im heading away for the weekend so wont be online but when i back ill be on

Best of luck lads

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How's the group going?

Quick update for those interested:

Staked: 42.75 Units

Returned: 69.34 Units

Profit/Loss: +26.59 Units

ROI: 61%