Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend insurer performance car

Options
  • 07-12-2016 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all,

I have tried to call pretty much every broker and insurance company i can think of and i cant seem to get a quote on a car i have.

Its a BMW M3, im 28 years of age and have a full licence 10 years and 9 years no claim bonus. Never had any penalty points or been disqualified and in the past have had higher HP cars and never had an issue insuring them or had to pay mad money for it but just seems now insurance company's dont wanna know about cars like this.

Any one recommend any to try, I will only maybe drive the car twice a month and even with telling them that they still dont wanna know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

XS direct would have been my recommendation but they ain't in the Irish market anymore.

I would suggest giving Chill a ring. I believe Asgard are one of their insurers and they tend to have a slightly broader risk appetite.

Can I ask how old the car is? If it's older than 15 years a lot of insurers will decline to quote for new business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Conor2688

Ill try chill and see how i get on so thanks for that appreciate it.

its 2001 so just is at the 15 years now, when i was trying to get a quote that was the reply i was met with from a few different company's.

Sure all i can do is try shop around some more and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭j.s. pill II

Thought so

If you don't get anywhere with Chill try some of the bigger brokers (McCarthys, Campions, Sheridans). That way you'll be casting your net a bit wider with just a few phonecalls.

Advertisement