Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

OEM Spare parts prices

Options
  • 07-12-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My boss has asked me to put together a list of the RRP of genuine replacement car parts from manufacturers. He wants them for each make, model and engine size.

The main items I need priced are:
    Battery
    Radiator
    Timing Belt
    Clutch
    Oil Filter
    Gear Box
    Transmission Fluid
    Front Shock Absorber.

I have been calling up dealerships and asking over the phone how much they charge for these parts. But to do it this way would literally take months (if not years) and the manufacturers are reluctant to give out this info.

Is there a database or piece of software somewhere that I could get this info??Would be willing to pay??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Why in the world would anyone want to know such informaion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

If you ring up a Skoda parts manager and ask for a price of a Skoda Octavia timing belt,fair enough I'm sure he'll quote you.
    If you ring up basically looking for information for competitive advantage(you're a motor factors?),then I'm sure any parts manager longer than 5 minutes in the job would run you.
    Have you tried looking on uk websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Daveygoravey

The idea behind it is to offer customers an estimate of how much they can expect to pay should something on their car break (we're a motoring website).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The hardware is not that hard to get prices for
    List all brand of cars you plan to cover
    Then visit micksgarage for each brand/model and find what they charge for each item (rad/filter/etc) and note it down
    You can even script that using something like iMacros, or just google web scraping

The crux is knowing what labour costs will be. In order to do this you need to know how long it takes to do work for a specific part on a specific model car.
    This too can be calculated to approximations.

At the end of the day - 2 mechanics in 2 different counties will source parts from 2 different places and estimate their labour cost differently.
    A price difference of hundreds of euro could be in the balance.

That will be €22.34 consultancy fee, thanks.

Advertisement