Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pay now available in Ireland

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

With the rumoured face recognition coming in will be interesting using Apple pay

Hadn't thought of that, "FaceID" could be kinda awkward to authenticate in a shop!

They would probably allow Apple Pay to work once the screen is unlocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

ukoda wrote: »
    Hadn't thought of that, "FaceID" could be kinda awkward to authenticate in a shop!

They would probably allow Apple Pay to work once the screen is unlocked

There are rumours that Apple Pay could be done with new gestures so it will be interesting to see how they manage it.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

After moving bank to activate Apple Pay,still adapting to the novelty of it!
    .......A thought occured to me earlier,,,,should it possible to get cashback with Apple pay as its verified, unlike a card tap?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sandyxxx wrote: »
    After moving bank to activate Apple Pay,still adapting to the novelty of it!
    .......A thought occured to me earlier,,,,should it possible to get cashback with Apple pay as its verified, unlike a card tap?

You can get cash back on a card tap so long as it adheres to the €30 limit. Now since Apple Pay is technically limitless trying to explain that to the assistant is another story 🙂.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

You can get cash back on a card tap so long as it adheres to the €30 limit. Now since Apple Pay is technically limitless trying to explain that to the assistant is another story 🙂.

Wow,
    That's fantastic,
    ......although I've already had to convince cashiers my tap could pay for €30plus purchases so I'm not holding out much hope!

• Advertisement
Advertisement