Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery Charger help please

Options
  • 07-12-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 batteries in the attached pic, both of them are for the same item, just different sizes. The smaller one I think is the original and the other is a spare. But they are both 7.4V 2000mAh Polymer Batteries

30643365934_2fed8d5532_z.jpg

31338230042_1e107981c7_z.jpg

So I have no charger for them. I tried Maplin, but they couldn't help. I've no idea where else to ask. The guy in Maplin said I had to make sure I got a 7.4V charger or I could fry them.

All I can find is this but that says it is for 600mA

Other one is this But that is 8.4V and 1000mA

Someone else told me to try an old Nokia Charger. I have one of those but it says 5.7V 800mA

I really don't understand all these 7.4V mAh etc. I used to just plug stuff in if it fit :rolleyes: but I don't want to ruin these batteries.

Appreciate if someone could explain what they mean and what charger would be safe to use

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Would this work? it looks like you can choose your output and it has 7.5V
    but no mention of mAh?

Found this
    Looks like the genuine charger, I can handle the $24.99, but another $40 to ship it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Thats a very common battery size (airsoft, cameras and quadracopters use similar) so just check ebay and amazon for chargers for that size of battery. Your problem is going to be getting a suitable connector.

Note the one from the US you linked to may be for 110V?

Contact that seller of this item https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hope-Complete-Battery-Charger-HLSP303/dp/B00PKH2D0S and ask what size the connector is?

my3cents wrote: »
    Thats a very common battery size (airsoft, cameras and quadracopters use similar) so just check ebay and amazon for chargers for that size of battery. Your problem is going to be getting a suitable connector.
    I have a feeling you could be right there. I've been looking on both for a while now, but i'm not really sure what I need.
    Note the one from the US you linked to may be for 110V?

excuse my ignorance, but what does that mean. Something to do with the socket? Can I not just use a connector?

I'm guessing you are a biker and these are for heated bike gloves? If so do you need two outputs one for each battery?

The 110V is the mains voltage in the US and some stuff from there won't work on our 240V mains.

• Advertisement

Contact that seller of this item https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hope-Complete-Battery-Charger-HLSP303/dp/B00PKH2D0S and ask what size the connector is?

Cheers, I appreciate that. I've dropped him a mail.

How do I correctly measure the size of the DC connector?

I'm guessing you are a biker and these are for heated bike gloves? If so do you need two outputs one for each battery?

The 110V is the mains voltage in the US and some stuff from there won't work on our 240V mains.

Ah ok, so no way of knowing if they will work then I guess?

No, not a biker (a cold handed golfer) and don't necessarily need two outputs. It's for a handwarmer, it just takes one battery but as I have spares and might need them during rounds a dual charger would be handy, but not necessary.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Cheers, I appreciate that. I've dropped him a mail.

How do I correctly measure the size of the DC connector?

Its very difficult to measure because there are different pin sizes as well as diameters of the main shaft. Try and measure the thickness of the central pin the gap between it and the sidewall and the overall width. Obviously central pin diameter plus twice the gap equals the width of the main section.

I use a cheap maplin pair of vernier calipers to do the measurements.

Advertisement