Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving from 5x5 to GVT?

• 07-12-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals,

I'm transitioning way from the 5x5, which I do to get my lifts back to reasonably respectable levels. I didn't lift a weight for 18 months but now after 6 months of 5 days a week, 3 of which are 5x5 I'm happy with my progress and am somewhere near where I was in my mid-twenties in terms of strength and size.

As I approach my mid 30's, I'm considering a program aimed at putting on some mass and GVT seems to tick all the boxes.

My two main questions are:

Can you fit a GVT session into an hour time slot? (Especially with the 4-second eccentric movements, on a 10 sets x 10 reps Squat Session sounds like a long workout)

Should I expect to lose a lot from my ORM during the program?

Advertisement