Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation for hotel Christmas Day dinner?

Options
  • 07-12-2016 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have friends flying in on Christmas eve and although they have an apartment, they wont be equipped to cook a Christmas dinner for Christmas day.

I'm just wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a great dinner on Christmas day within say 15km of the city max.

From the surroundings to the food, best experience recommendation.

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,441 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Not a recommendation as such as I've never been to it, but the Radisson seems to be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭jh79

The Glenlo Abbey is great and worth the extra few quid.

Great xmas feel with the big log fires to have a drink beside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It's been a number of years since I did the Radisson with family, and it may have changed. Food was ok, some very good, but felt a bit conveyer belt. At the time there weren't a lot of places doing it. Place looks lovely though, but personally I'd prefer something a bit smaller and slower. Bar was hopping and loads of craic, so depends what they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Tried the Radisson and several other hotels a few weeks back and they were all already fully booked out for Christmas lunch.
    There's a waiting list, but wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Great replies here, I appreciate it a lot. Thank you! Ill try Glen!

• Advertisement
Advertisement