Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch Screen Laptop

Options
  • 07-12-2016 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Anyone got a good site / price for a touch screen laptop, about 13"-15" screen, 4gb+ RAM, 500GB+ Storage??

Looked at some Lenovo models on PCWorld and DID at about €500, but wondering if there's any thing better value out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi,

You want to be looking at least 6gb ram, preferably 8gb.

After holding on for a few months I had to bite the bullet and went for a HP i7.
    It cost about €800 in PC World
    At this stage can you hold off until after Christmas - you might get a saving.
    But beware of Pentium, Celeron & i3 processors - they work but its like buying the new ford fiesta run by a steam engine (exaggeration to make point:))

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Is touch screen much of a benefit? I suppose continuing your car scenario is it like getting an automatic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is touch screen much of a benefit? I suppose continuing your car scenario is it like getting an automatic?

I've a touch screen, I very rarely use it. Much prefer the desktop mode in win7.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

We have 2 x touchscreen laptops at home (one is a 360 HP, which can be used in tablet mode)
    If you are uses to Tablets/Smartphones then the touchscreen can be great. However if you don't use ir, then there is little need for it.

Advertisement