Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5....would ye recommend??

Options
  • 07-12-2016 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭

Thanks folsks ...my daughter asking for the IPhone 6 or SE..both way to pricey but see some decent plans for the 5...would ye recommend the S or C?? Is it "good", I.e., the camera and any other things teens do with a phone ?? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks folsks ...my daughter asking for the IPhone 6 or SE..both way to pricey but see some decent plans for the 5...would ye recommend the S or C?? Is it "good", I.e., the camera and any other things teens do with a phone ?? Cheers

Without doubt the 5S over the 5C, the 5S is still a very good handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Another vote fo5S over 5C all day long. Just do your homework on the plans offered. Easy to get sucked into a "free phone" offer but you'll be bound to probably 2yrs paying above the odds on the monthly rate when compared to some of the other deals available. It's important to factor this into your calculations vs buying a phone independently (sim free in many cases) and then picking a suitable and well priced plan.

Obviously there is a great attraction, particularly at this time of year when the pressure from the kids to do the santa thing is at a max to grab a free phone. Just consider all options :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Cheers folks....am hearing horror stories about the 5C alright:D

Cheers nemeses....out of stock everywhere:mad:

• Advertisement

Folks, what does Grade A condition mean?? As you can probably tell, I have never owned a smartphone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I see Argos have 16 gb iPhone 6 also , how would they compare with the 64gb 5s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

The 6 and 5s are very similar speedwise. Other than the 64gb you mention. I'd prefer the size of the 6 but it has some known issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

The outer case of a 5 vs a 6 is different. 5 being more square. So if that's an issue then go for a 6, however, if you ask me I'd be more inclined to get more storage space over a newer model. 16GB just doesn't cut it these days with IOS upgrades getting bigger. With the OS installed, that doesn't leave you much wiggle room for picture, music, apps etc.

I've never had a 5s series of an iPhone so can't comment on how fast they are in comparison to a vanilla 6. I've recently upgraded from a vanilla 6 to a 7 and the difference in speed is very noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

Are the prices wrong on that? Don't get a 32gb cheaper then 16gb or am I missing something!?

• Advertisement

TinCool wrote: »
    The outer case of a 5 vs a 6 is different. 5 being more square. ...

That was a typo, not side, size.

idunno78 wrote: »
    Are the prices wrong on that? Don't get a 32gb cheaper then 16gb or am I missing something!?

Argos often have odd (perhaps wrong) pricing on things.

TinCool wrote: »
    ...I've never had a 5s series of an iPhone so can't comment on how fast they are in comparison to a vanilla 6. I've recently upgraded from a vanilla 6 to a 7 and the difference in speed is very noticeable.

It should be for a €1000 device. :D

https://browser.primatelabs.com/ios-benchmarks

Advertisement