Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breach of Access / Change of Courthouse

Options
  • 07-12-2016 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,

My Ex and I made a court agreement in writing that I could see my children but she does not adhere to it.
    Can I bring her back to court for breach of access.
    This agreement was made in Co. Clare courthouse and I am wondering if I can do this through the Dublin courthouse as I no longer reside there. She remains in Clare.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

in my experience, the courthouse applications were submitted in, was the courthouse the hearings were done in. So there may be something to think about in regards to that. As she may challenge being unable to come up from Clare herself. (I don't know how valid that may be)

If you have a court order where there is an access arrangement clearly in place, I believe there is a means to officially record the number of breaches. But I'm not aware of the details for that specifically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Did the access change because you now live in separate counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Insertname

Hi IrlMonk. It's hard to encourage you given the systemic prejudice against fathers that exists in Irish law and society. Weak as it might sound, hang tough!

Have you a sheet of paper headed with a harp, possibly yellow, that details the court order? That's what mine is like.

My son's mother has repeatedly breached access and I went to the court where the order was made to file my complaint. I suggest you make your way to Dolphin House, ***show them the order*, and try to file complaint. Explain your situation - this'll take some persistence, because a lot of court clerks seem to get snotty with clients for no reason I can understand. They'll want to know the dates this has happened, and once there are two, she should be summoned to the court. Unless the Clare situation does complicate things.

I'm sorry I can't be more help. You're not alone in being discriminated against like this.

Good luck, and let us know what happens! :)

Advertisement