Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Started a new MMA blog. Would appreciate feedback of any kind.

• 07-12-2016 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So only the first post is up but I will be updating the block fairly regularly. It will include posts about all MMA organisations, and Irish MMA news.
    Hope you enjoy lads. Thanks in advance.
    mixedmartialaddicts.wordpress.com

Comments

Harrinl3 wrote: »
    So only the first post is up but I will be updating the block fairly regularly. It will include posts about all MMA organisations, and Irish MMA news.
    Hope you enjoy lads. Thanks in advance.
    mixedmartialaddicts.wordpress.com

Would you not pay a few quid to get your own domain, rather than ."wordpress.com" which looks very amateur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would you not pay a few quid to get your own domain, rather than ."wordpress.com" which looks very amateur

Who cares? He's not a journalist. .He's doing it as a hobby.

callaway92 wrote: »

I don't care really, just telling giving advice, it might take off a bit better if it looks a bit more professional. He asked for advice so I gave some that came to mind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

callaway92 wrote: »

While he is doing it as a hobby if they wants it to grow, increase the fanbase and to look the part then it would be better to have a proper domain. If it looks amateurish people aren't going to stay or come back and it just wont get the audience.. that's a fact of life.

For the OP I assume the images in the posts arent yours - you should credit the owner/source of the images and save yourself a potential headache and a lot of hassle if someone comes along saying you are using their copyrighted images.

Axwell wrote: »
    While he is doing it as a hobby if they wants it to grow, increase the fanbase and to look the part then it would be better to have a proper domain. If it looks amateurish people aren't going to stay or come back and it just wont get the audience.. that's a fact of life.

For the OP I assume the images in the posts arent yours - you should credit the owner/source of the images and save yourself a potential headache and a lot of hassle if someone comes along saying you are using their copyrighted images.

Also if its a hobby that he wants to take seriously I'm sure he wont mind paying a small few euros, not as if it costs a lot of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Harrinl3

Axwell wrote: »

Thanks for the advice. I do train at SBG and asked permission for the use of that photo whereas the others I searched Google under advanced settings, making sure they were free to use.

Advertisement