Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junk left over after sale

Options
  • 07-12-2016 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    We just completed our first house buy in the country, a lovely house on 2 acres. Alot of sheds and outbuildings , still alot of junk lying around and in the sheds, Got onto the solicitor who reckons there's not much I can do. She is going to send a letter to vendors solicitor. This happen to anybody on here ? Probably be around 3/400 for a skip to get rid of all the crap.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

They're not supposed to leave their old junk behind but it's fairly common. You won't have much luck trying to get them to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

They're not supposed to leave their old junk behind but it's fairly common. You won't have much luck trying to get them to remove it.

Yep get the skip, get rid of the stuff and forget about it. You are in the right but it is just a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Would have needed it to be a contract condition. I had it for the inside of the house but forgot the shed, three sodding skips! Turning circle not there to get a roro skip and the largest normal ones are for light waste only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

If you order the skips just before the christmas you get to keep them until the new year for the price of a day or 2 as they don't pick up during the christmas wekk...should give you enough time to clear it all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Skips have gone really expensive lately, my local place won't even let you fill above the top anymore. It might be cheaper to get a lend of a van/trailer or even rent a van and do a couple of trips to the dump, depending on how far the dump is from your house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

If a lot of the waste is metal you might find some members of the local travelling community will take it off your hands for very little...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sleepy wrote: »
    If a lot of the waste is metal you might find some members of the local travelling community will take it off your hands for very little...
    Would advise against this, in case they see something in your house that they decide to come back for.
    dar_cool wrote: »
    Hi all,
    We just completed our first house buy in the country, a lovely house on 2 acres. Alot of sheds and outbuildings , still alot of junk lying around and in the sheds
    Are we talking rubbish, or possible farming supplies? Get talking at "ye local shop" and show pictures of said stuff, as someone make take the bulk off your hands for nought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

Just old building supplies. Bits of scaffolding. Bags of rubble, lengths of wood, coving, guttering, old wheels off a big trailer, I will gather it all up and see what exactly is there.
    Thanks for the help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Some of that sounds recyclable, might reduce your waste costs considerably by bringing what you can to your local recycling depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Old metal can be sold to scrap metal dealers. Old wood can be turned into heat during the winter and the rest, well... If it was me I know I'd find a use for it.

• Advertisement

you could post ads on freedtradeireland and jumbletown.

You'd be surprised at what people will take off your hands

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sleepy wrote: »

Leave road end of skip. Do not block skip. Will no longer be in skip taking up space the next morning...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

dar_cool wrote: »
    Just old building supplies. Bits of scaffolding. Bags of rubble, lengths of wood, coving, guttering, old wheels off a big trailer, I will gather it all up and see what exactly is there.
    Thanks for the help lads

Well thats not exactly "junk". They are possessions, worth money. Any pics? I would gladly take some of it if you are close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

+1 for the suggestions above - stick it on done deal or adverts and mark as free to take away - people will be all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

L1011 wrote: »
    Leave road end of skip. Do not block skip. Will no longer be in skip taking up space the next morning...

.....and the skip will be piled high with other people's rubbish blowing everywhere! Somehow people have a spidey sense about an unwatched skip.

Advertisement