Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Led vs Halogen for lamping

Options
  • 07-12-2016 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Anyone got a view on the newer LED lamps versus the older and established Halogen lights...
    Does the whiter LED light help or hinder the eye reflection?

Cheers

T

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I can't answer your question Trackerman, but when i was lamping years ago, it was a constant palaver messing around with large batteries, that drained rapidly with the halogen drain. The leds are worlds apart, i can get hours out of a couple of small batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Heavy handed

Halogens are becoming old fashioned at this point. I still use the plug in tracer when driving around on private land but the rest of the time I use nothing but Led equipped night master 800s. Small compact and light weight plus you'll get a few hours from a single charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hrcbob

Personally i prefer the light "colour" of a halogen. I find the leds i have tend to make everything the same blue ish colour that can make critter identification that bit more difficult.
    Maybe i just need better led torches.

Or to go to specsavers..

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭trackerman

thanks folks, I was worried that the untra white from LED might make it harder to identfy my quary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

hrcbob wrote: »
    Personally i prefer the light "colour" of a halogen. I find the leds i have tend to make everything the same blue ish colour that can make critter identification that bit more difficult.
    Maybe i just need better led torches.

Or to go to specsavers..

I feel the same.

Some of the modern cars have extremely bright lights ...too bright, in my opinion, as they are dazzling when approaching them and very uncomfortable & blinding to look at.

I wonder do the animals feel the same...are powerful LED's too bright & uncomfortable for lamping???

• Advertisement
Advertisement