Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why double threads of the same topic

Options
  • 07-12-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭

I see there are two Slane threads in the Gigs and Events forum, I don't understand why they aren't merged as it can get messy, OK one of the threads is titled Guns N Roses European tour, but everyone knows they are playing Slane and then there is the Slane 2017 thread. Only recently in Afterhours it was getting ridiculous with the amount of American politics threads leading up to that election. I also reported the Slane one, hoping it will get merged.

Edit: this is not to get at the mods or admins as they do a fairly commendable job and on a volunteer basis, its just the frequency of threads sometimes. The amount of Electric Picnic threads that spring up after the first announcement and when it sells out its nuts so fair play to the mods for keeping on top of it most of the time. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Would make more sense to keep the two threads but maybe just add a mod note to the 'GnR Euro Tour Thread' (in the title perhaps) that it's generally there for discussion of GnR Euro gigs other than Slane.

As if you just merge the two threads then the all the discussion about the rest of the GnR Euro tour would just get lost amidst all the Slane talk.

Advertisement