Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 206: Holloway v Pettis (Interim Featherweight Title)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What a performance from Max, can't wait for the Aldo fight!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Pettis via Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Pettis via Submission
    Max Holloway is the real deal lads.

He's come a long way from that night in Boston.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Smart fight from Max.

Looking forward to him vs Jose.

Hope he crushes him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Pettis via KO/TKO
    Max is an absolute animal broken hand or not Pettis wasnt winning nothing there.

Pettis via Submission
    It was the body kick that started that final flurry. He hurt Pettis and then when Pettis started to buckle over he started landing the ****s clean on his head and left side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Good ending to a pretty tame fight. Where does Pettis go after this? Aldo Holloway might be interesting, but McGregor leaving the division has taken a lot of the lustre from the featherweight division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Why do BT pipe in cheering after the fighter curses....too late, we all heard it.

Pettis via KO/TKO
    Dont know about you boys but I have Max dismantling Aldo, too rangey too fluid for him.

• Advertisement

Pettis via Submission
    "hey Dana White, that's 50 G's right there, that man has never been stopped before".

Love Max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

poldebruin wrote: »
    Where does Pettis go after this?

Retirement hopefully, don't see anything for him at 155 any more.

Holloway-Aldo should be great.

Pettis via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Dont know about you boys but I have Max dismantling Aldo, too rangey too fluid for him.

I think Max is great, but I still think Aldo will pick him apart.

There's levels to this stuff and Jose is just on a different level to everyone else at 145.

Pettis via Submission
    Retirement hopefully, don't see anything for him at 155 any more.

Holloway-Aldo should be great.

He's 29, he's not retiring. Be real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,519 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

His career has been on a steady decline from the RDA fight onwards. I don't think he's done yet but another loss and he's not far off it I'd say. He's just not cut out for fighting the very best anymore, and I doubt he's the type of guy that'll settle for being a top 10 gatekeeper. Just my thoughts on it.

Pettis via KO/TKO
    I think Max is great, but I still think Aldo will pick him apart.

There's levels to this stuff and Jose is just on a different level to everyone else at 145.

If Chad Mendes could butcher his face and put him on his arse Max Holloway has every chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I know, but he's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Holloway vs Conor rematch would be very interesting.

I think Max would give Conor more problems than Jose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pettis via KO/TKO
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Holloway vs Conor rematch would be very interesting.

I think Max would give Conor more problems than Jose.
    Max at 21 getting beaten by the future champ. Bounces back with a 10 fight streak, defeats the former LW champ to become no.1 contender, then defeats the former FW king to become undisputed champ...and gets his rematch with McGregor.
    "Rocky-esque this fairytale Joe"

Pettis via Submission
    If Chad Mendes could butcher his face and put him on his arse Max Holloway has every chance.

I think Chad and Frankie could both give Max serious problems too.

Pettis via KO/TKO
    I think Chad and Frankie could both give Max serious problems too.

Possible but I'd bet on Max against all 3 off them hes only 25 has no obvious holes in his game and is an elite striker very hard to predict them boys arent getting any better I've been saying it ages hes gonna reign over that division for a long time, time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Savage night of fights after that shambles of a boxing card.
    Lando KO was a thing of beauty.
    Kelvin looked bored in the first then made Tim pay for those knees to the hole.
    Always liked Cub, what a war!
    Can Cerrone be a contender at Welter? My mind keeps going back to how RDA folded him. Excellent finish nonetheless.
    Happy for Max, can't help but like him. Very measured. Will look forward to seeing what he can do against "Waldo". I still think McG bullies him again if they ever see each in the ring in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

just finished watching it. wow! a good few wars and some awesome finishes there. great night of fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

a great night of fights really enjoyed it, I did however go to sleep faster than brown after that kick though:)

I'll catch the main event later. Max is a beast and I'll be screaming for him to beat Aldo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Swanson Choi... wow...

Holloway is like a viper, surgically picked Pettis apart, made him look average. Don't see either of them beating Aldo though.

Cowboy and Immortal was a good scrap too... I thought he was making his way back into the fight nicely, was getting under Cowboy's skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Just caught up now.

I really think gastelum could be champ at 185 and 170 (if he does in fact keep control of gis weight) he weathered everything early from a much bigger man and looked really fresh in round one and two.

Choi's chin is ridiculous, he should probably use more head movement instead of using his face to block shots. Swanson looked really good too.

Cerrone landed that kick repeatedly and brown never really tried to block it, ate it every time. I cant wait to see cerrone against one of the top 3 or 4.

Glad holloway won and i think he'll give aldo a good scrap. Would like to see him win but its a toss up imo.

Pettis via Decision

Pettis via KO/TKO
    How did Vannata not got a KO bonus ?

Pettis via KO/TKO
    darced wrote: »

I mean in terms of range and reach, Chad is a midget compared to Max with a smaller reach and no kicking game just wings right hands, Holloway will give Aldo awful trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pettis via KO/TKO
    Holloway has been offered the Aldo title fight on February 11th at UFC 208.

Holloway however says he doesn't know if it'll be a runner for him as he doesn't want to risk missing out on Christmas and his son's birthday as he can't depend on Aldo to show up.

Pettis via Decision

• Advertisement

Pffffttt, did he really say that? seems ridiculous, surely he will take the fight.

Why? How long has aldo had off?

Holloway just over a fight. Has 3 months to rest recuperate and get back in to a camp. If he wants to spend xmas with his family that reduces that to two months.

Nothing ridiculous about it

Pettis via Decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

He did....

He cried enough about getting his shot now he might not take it? doesn't even seem like something Holloway would say.

When did he cry for it?

Context is missing too if you actually listen to what he says @ presser.

He said he missed thanksgiving and his own birthday. To take that fight he would miss his sons birthday and xmas.

I dont think hes not taking it, just the timing isnt great. but that timeline is tight enough if he wants to have a life. He also said aldo would probably pull out so it would be for nothing. I think that's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Sorry if this has been posted already, Max really coming into his own. 

Pettis via Decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Can't wait for Holloway - Aldo, expect a 5 round war. Still would like to see Conor rematch the winner in what I think could be a fantastic fight, but I get that the weight cut isn't comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

Why was this not on BT Sport 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Why was this not on BT Sport 2

Cause it was on BT Sport 3.

• Advertisement

dashoonage wrote: »
    Cause it was on BT Sport 3.

:eek: i never even checked that channel.. ragin

Pettis via KO/TKO
    I posted it was on bt 3 in this thread last night you should've checked,its probably on again tonight.

:eek: i never even checked that channel.. ragin

Youll find it online easy enough if you google it

I posted it was on bt 3 in this thread last night you should've checked,its probably on again tonight.

Yeah its on BT 2 now

Pettis via KO/TKO
    Tis a joke if they dont make Kelvin stay at middleweight now.

Pettis via Submission
    Tis a joke if they dont make Kelvin stay at middleweight now.

If he wants to fight WW and can make the weight it's a joke if they don't let him. He's a tiny MW. He can easily make WW with the right plan. Working with GL in the future will mean his nutrition will be more on point, when he's worked with Lockhart in the past he's never had a problem making weight.

• Advertisement

The crowd were singing ole ole ole during the swanson choi fight

Pettis via KO/TKO
    If he wants to fight WW and can make the weight it's a joke if they don't let him. He's a tiny MW. He can easily make WW with the right plan. Working with GL in the future will mean his nutrition will be more on point, when he's worked with Lockhart in the past he's never had a problem making weight.

No sorry 3 strikes now is too much can you imagine the ****storm if it happens for a 4th time hes had his opportunity he cant keep the burgers out his mouth no sympathy for him, sets an awful precedent if they allow it even though I think he can genuinely beat anyone on his day at 170 his boxing and footwork is unreal for a big lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Pettis via KO/TKO

They haven't given out KO/Sub bonuses since the start of 2014. They are "performance of the night" now. Makes more sense than KO/Sub imo.
    Vannata and Holloway got them.

Pettis via KO/TKO
    Mellor wrote: »
    They haven't given out KO/Sub bonuses since the start of 2014. They are "performance of the night" now. Makes more sense than KO/Sub imo.
    Vannata and Holloway got them.
    Oh ok haha. When I checked wiki earlier it didn't mention Vannata getting a bonus but it now says he has. I was feeling bad for him not getting a bonus :D Thankfully he did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Pettis via Decision

I think he's made it fairly obvious at this stage he can't do it consistently

• Advertisement
Advertisement