Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift voucher delivery query

Options
  • 07-12-2016 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I recently ordered a gift voucher online from a hotel.
    My mailing options were either standard post or registered post for an extra €6.75. I chose standard post.
    The voucher still has not arrived, despite the hotel telling me it was posted nearly 2 weeks ago (it didn't have far to travel). On the form I filled out when purchasing, they state that the hotel will not be responsible for or replace vouchers that are mailed via standard post.

At this stage I'm fairly sure the voucher isn't going to arrive. Do I have any rights here?
    The money for the voucher has been taken from my account but I don't have proof that they even posted it to me, other than them stating in an email what date the voucher was posted out to me.
    Thanks for any advice. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You can't sign away consumer rights. They're responsible for proving delivery regardless of what postal type you picked - if they are that concerned about standard post they shouldn't offer it.

How did you pay for it? If it was by card and the hotel simply refuse to accept any responsibility, initiate a chargeback for goods not delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

The hotel simply should not allow for "standard" delivery. Some people complain about payng for a voucher delivery, but ina way its like sending cash.

The good news is that you can do a chargeback if the hotel won't replace the voucher as they would not be able to show confirmed delivery and thus they are 100% responsible s it was a "card not present" transaction.

But it should be easy for them to cancel a voucher and send a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Thanks guys. I'm going to contact them now to ask about sending a replacement but I'm not too hopeful.
    Yes I did pay by card so I'll look into the chargeback route if the hotel are refusing to do anything.

Thanks for your help:)

Advertisement