Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop - Video editing!

Options
  • 08-12-2016 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys,

I need to buy a new laptop! What is the cheapest laptop I could get that would run the likes of Primere Cut Pro and Photshop?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Premiere Cut Pro ? I presume you mean Adobe Premiere and not Final Cut Pro which is a Mac OS application ? For video editing you need a fast CPU, lots of RAM and a fast SSD, a decent GPU would help also. Photoshop isn't as demanding as you're dealing with static images.

Something with a full quad core i7 (most laptops ship with a dual core cpu with hyper threading) 8 to 16GB of RAM and a good 512GB SSD and a dedicated GPU. It won't be cheap ! That's assuming you will be editing a lot of HD or even 4K video, if it's only the occasional youtube video you could get away with something a bit lower spec.

How much do you have to spend ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I would go as far as to say that 16GB of RAM should be minimum for a video editing machine. Especially if 4K footage will be rendered.

Advertisement