Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motion detectors.

Options
  • 08-12-2016 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all, I want to monitor a driveway, and had thought about a motion detector set-up.
    Ideally it would ring. a bell/doorbell chime in my house when the beam registered movement at night. Are there any ready made solutions, or do I just need an ordinary. motion detector like is used to switch on lights when you drive up to the house. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would something like this suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

r65 wrote: »
    Hi all, I want to monitor a driveway, and had thought about a motion detector set-up.
    Ideally it would ring. a bell/doorbell chime in my house when the beam registered movement at night. Are there any ready made solutions, or do I just need an ordinary. motion detector like is used to switch on lights when you drive up to the house. Any ideas?

Have you got any CCTV? Most modern systems can be set up to alert you when someone comes into the view of the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 r65

Kool Kid , thanks, that looks ideal. just something that would let you know if a vehicle went up the lane at night. its about 100 yards away, so well in range.

I have no CCTV. yet, but I should!
    Been some robberies of power tools in the local area lately.Last farm hit had CCTV. but they had masks and no. plate covered.

Advertisement