Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy?

Options
  • 08-12-2016 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to purchase a Macbook Pro as a gift leading up to Christmas, obviously looking for the best price possible but don't want to buy 2nd hand or through adverts or anything like that since its quite a significant purchase. 
    Would anyone have any recommendation on where to buy? Or is it just a much of a muchness? I was looking in Harvey Norman and they are about €1,500.

Thanks for your help with this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Better to buy direct off apple.com/ie or if it absolutely has to be a physical store compuB or iConnect would be better than Harvey Norman's

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

I would go with CompuB. They are an official apple distributor in Ireland. I'd ring them first and ask if they can do anything on the price for you. I got 5% off an iPad Air 2 a while back. Only €50 but better than what you would get off Apple direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Better to buy direct off apple.com/ie or if it absolutely has to be a physical store compuB or iConnect would be better than Harvey Norman's

If the price is right, what is wrong with buying from Harvey Norman's? You'll still have an Apple Warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

You've to deal with them for the initial purchase, have them try to up-sell stupid crap like terrible carry cases and usb mice along with their terrible insurance products and hire purchase stuff.

To me any potential saving is not worth the hassle :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You've to deal with them for the initial purchase, have them try to up-sell stupid crap like terrible carry cases and usb mice along with their terrible insurance products and hire purchase stuff.

To me any potential saving is not worth the hassle :pac:.

I always find it very easy to say no to that.

If it was the same price or on offer then I would have no problem buying there. I never buy those stupid warranties etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

murpho999 wrote: »
    I always find it very easy to say no to that.

If it was the same price or on offer then I would have no problem buying there. I never buy those stupid warranties etc.

They are offering a 2 year Apple warranty on all products now, apparently.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

harvey norman look like they've reduced their stocks of apple stuff. A lot of the products seem to be gone from the website.

Advertisement