Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best deals on Surface Pro or Surface Book

• 08-12-2016 10:54am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been offered the chance to purchase a Surface Pro or Surface Book through work.

Ideally it would have a min of i5 and 8gb of ram. Needs to run office and standard 2d cad.

What are the best deals out there at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Amazon UK has the Surface Book i5 (with the GPU although the Amazon listing doesn't mention it, but its there) for about €1540 and it includes a free Xbox One S Minecraft Bundle (worth about €300). Sell the Xbox on again and that's probably about €1300 for that. That's about a €600 discount, not bad!

That Amazon discount just showed up today too, I ordered one last night when it was £200 more expensive, card was declined because it was over the transaction limit, then I re-ordered this morning and noticed it was even cheaper! Happy days :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MJohnston wrote: »
    Amazon UK has the Surface Book i5 (with the GPU although the Amazon listing doesn't mention it, but its there) for about €1540 and it includes a free Xbox One S Minecraft Bundle (worth about €300). Sell the Xbox on again and that's probably about €1300 for that. That's about a €600 discount, not bad!

That Amazon discount just showed up today too, I ordered one last night when it was £200 more expensive, card was declined because it was over the transaction limit, then I re-ordered this morning and noticed it was even cheaper! Happy days :D

The Microsoft store are also running a similar deal, but with Forza Horizon 3 as the game, much better if you're in the market to keep the console!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have an xbox one but as you said I'm sure you could easily flog it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

CatInABox wrote: »
    The Microsoft store are also running a similar deal, but with Forza Horizon 3 as the game, much better if you're in the market to keep the console!

Its actually cheaper on Amazon for whatever reason, or it was yesterday anyway

Advertisement