Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike robbed- UL

• 08-12-2016 11:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Would any of you have experience with recovering stolen bikes? Mine was robbed from ERB in UL last night by 3 fellas.

I am searching gumtree, donedeal and adverts, but was wondering would they bother selling in Limerick or move it off?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Sorry to hear about the loss - but tbh - you will prob never see it again.

Happened to me a few years back - I went crazy searching gumtree etc - you might get lucky, but you prob wont - save yourself the stress and hassle and move on..

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I would suggest posting up details of the bike in case anyone comes across it, and of course contacting the local garda station. Bikes are bulky, so unless they've a van, it's likely still around the city. I presume there's a social media group (or a million) centred on UL, make sure to post a picture of the missing bike there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I would report it to UL Security too. I was chatting to one of the security guys there a few weeks back and he said they recently stopped a van leaving UL which had a whole pile of stolen bikes in the back of it :eek:

I hope you find your bike, nothing worse than to have a bike stolen like that :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 MissEmcee

Report it to UL Security and Henry St Garda Station. Put a picture up here. Have you the serial number? Garda stations have lots of bikes found/left/recovered. Your could end up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

panda100 wrote: »
    I would report it to UL Security too. I was chatting to one of the security guys there a few weeks back and he said they recently stopped a van leaving UL which had a whole pile of stolen bikes in the back of it :eek:

I hope you find your bike, nothing worse than to have a bike stolen like that :mad:

What sort of criminal would stop for Campus Security? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Treepole wrote:
    What sort of criminal would stop for Campus Security?

Hmmm you may have a point there but that's what the security guard told me anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You could be lucky. Guy I know got his back recently. Was robbed in town,m reported it to Gardai, sent them pics, and one of the Gardai saw a scobe on it cycling past the Garda car on Hyde road one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭FionnK86

I went straight to security but they had no sympathy, saying I should have bought a better lock. However, I had been using the bike hub every day since January, and SAA reset my car yesterday. So I had to use ERB, which I knew wasn't a good idea as a motorbike had been stolen there recently. I left it there at 2, and It was gone at 8.

Someone saw 3 lads simply pull the bike and the lock broke (housemate's lock too). They then walked toward Kilmurray and the White House. Security went out there as someone had started a fire on Maguire's pitch (they said could have been same guys). Apparently, UL is so open that it's impossible to have cameras everywhere.

The Guards came and took the details but said to give up looking, and that UL's cctv system is ****e. Security said there were unsavoury characters hanging about with Tommy Tiernan gig, looking for expensive cars.

Looking on DoneDeal/Adverts now, but losing hope. Gave my housemate €250 today to settle it...sickened.

Housemate's bike, only know that it's gray with straight handlebars and thin wheels...going to try get receipt today....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

On Adverts, I sometimes see people posting about stuff that has been stolen, asking people to look out for it. Do you have a picture of it/same model and colour?

Might be worth a try, on DoneDeal and Gumtree too if possible. No idea if it costs money to post though.

Advertisement