Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help/advice with projector bulb replacement

Options
  • 08-12-2016 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I have an ACER P1303W projector with a blown bulb. I have removed the bulb unit. I can buy a replacement unit for around £200 or a replacement bulb for about £50. I have opted to just get the bulb. They are all genuine OSRAM bulbs with the same spec.
    When I opened the projector to remove the bulb unit, the inside was littered with splintered glass. I vacuumed as best I could. I have dismantled the bulb unit and removed the blown bulb and associated glass splinters. The replacement bulb is in the post!!
    My question is: is there anything I should look out for when replacing the bulb? Any advice from someone who has done this before? I am wondering should I check that fans are working? If so, how?
    Any other suggestions appreciated please.
    MOTF
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement