Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve.

Options
  • 08-12-2016 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Myself and my girlfriend are heading to Galway for NYE this year and just wondering where would you recommend going for drinks? From a bit of looking online I see that 'Halo' seems to be the best option for a club that won't be full of young ones?:pac: We're both 26. Just really looking for recommendations on a pub for a few drinks and where to go after.

Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Murty rabbits does be excellent on NYE, live music, finger food, good banter, age group can be anything from 18 to 80 year olds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

It's been a long time since I did an NYE in Galway, bit O'Connors in Salthill was always a favourite - great music, good mixed crowd, full but not too packed, great drink.

Had many a mighty new years in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Connacht vs Munster will be in the sportsground on new year's eve so be prepared for Galway being busier than usual for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Thanks for the advice, lads. I've actually been to Murty Rabbits a while ago and had a great night. Think I'll go for there and if the mood strikes for a club after I'll go to Halo.

I've been at home for NYE a good few years recently.
    To be honest, town will be pretty packed. As connemaraman pointed out, Connacht are playing Munster that evening.
    A huge portion of the match going crowd end up going to Murty Rabbitts and An Pucan after the games.

I haven't been to Halo for New Years in quite a while, but from what I've heard, it is usually pretty mobbed in there.

If you go down to the otherside of town, there are a large number of pubs next door to each other. The majority of them have late licenses, and it's usually easy enough to move between them

I'm not sure how it works for New Years Eve, but on a normal night, if you're in the Quays, you can pay to move upstairs to the nightclub, which generally has a fun mixed crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

This is happening in New Years Eve at Lough Cultra Castle just outside of Gort in County Galway, just over 40 km from the city with accommodation options at the festival. Keep Lit a new year festival extravaganza.

15285022_743250162495929_7305887530727575143_n.jpg?oh=d2e2c29baa671567281819c95b8ab83e&oe=58F81821

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement