Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workaround to buy a phone from Three with a ME2YOU voucher?

Options
  • 08-12-2016 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm trying to buy a Galaxy S6 Edge (499 EUR at Three) with a 500 EUR me2you voucher.
    The "where to spend" list on the me2you web site doesn't have Three on it. (other places sell the phone for 600-650 EUR)

Apart from the usual "spend the voucher on food and buy the phone for cash" method, is there any way to bridge the gap between me2you and Three?
    Like buying another voucher that Three will accept with the me2you voucher (does Three accept any sort of voucher? Is there any place that actually sells you a voucher for a voucher?). Etc...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

"Buy it from Carphone Warehouse instead, €450 on prepay with Vodafone, apparently they take the me2you vouchers according to their website
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Shop/Phones-Plans/All-Phones/Galaxy-S6#prepay"

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately that's the non-Edge version. ...and for some strange reason they don't have the 499 EUR Edge version from Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

xboxdad wrote: »
    "Buy it from Carphone Warehouse instead, €450 on prepay with Vodafone, apparently they take the me2you vouchers according to their website
    http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/Shop/Phones-Plans/All-Phones/Galaxy-S6#prepay"

Thanks for your suggestion.

Unfortunately that's the non-Edge version. ...and for some strange reason they don't have the 499 EUR Edge version from Three.

Sorry I realised literally as it was posting, thought I'd found you a goodun! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

dya know anyone making a big purchase from any of the stores listed. you could buy it and they could give you cash

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    dya know anyone making a big purchase from any of the stores listed. you could buy it and they could give you cash

Thanks. Well, maybe someone from this thread... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,545 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thanks. Well, maybe someone from this thread... ;)

This isn't a sales site - try adverts.ie if they allow voucher resale.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    This isn't a sales site - try adverts.ie if they allow voucher resale.

I didn't open this thread for sales activity. Back to the original topic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

could you use to it o buy a oneforall card somewhere?

could you use to it o buy a oneforall card somewhere?

Well, maybe someone on this thread knows the answer. Extra question: would Three take that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well, maybe someone on this thread knows the answer. Extra question: would Three take that one?

Why not ask 3 what vouchers, if any, they accept, first??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

I think Tesco stores that have phone shops do sell for other Networks, not sure if they sell just the phones, but tesco stores do accept ME2YOU cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I didn't open this thread for sales activity. Back to the original topic...

Leave the moderating to the mods please. A winky eyes emoticon does imply a certain acceptance on your part that you are willing to sell. L1011 was just reminding you that sales activity is not welcome here

dudara

dudara wrote: »
    Leave the moderating to the mods please. A winky eyes emoticon does imply a certain acceptance on your part that you are willing to sell. L1011 was just reminding you that sales activity is not welcome here

dudara

Please delete this topic if possible. Its original direction is now completely lost. I can't seem to find the delete option. (maybe because of the mobile interface I'm using)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Walter2016

Gift cards take from 5% to 15% of the net sales value. So buying a voucher with a gift card or buying a different gift card with a gift card just won't be possible.

Neither will any place give you cash in exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I can close, but we don't tend to delete unless personally identifiable information is posted. Would you like me to close the thread?

dudara wrote: »
    I can close, but we don't tend to delete unless personally identifiable information is posted. Would you like me to close the thread?

Yes, thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement