Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Office Party on Saturday - Where Getting Make-Up Done?

Options
  • 08-12-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

The last time I had my make-up done was my wedding (in another country) and I have never ever been to a beauty parlor in Ireland before. I'd love to get smokey eyes - if that's not over the top - done for the office party on Saturday. How much would that typically cost? Can anyone recommend a reasonable beautician in D2 or D8? I really don't want the super dark eye brows and over-the-top make-up that I have seen some girls sport in the city center...more something appropriate for an office event for someone who usually only wears concealer and mascara :) 

(also, is it at all naive to think I will still get an appointment for Saturday? I am sure lots of companies do their Christmas parties around now.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I'd check with any of the main make up counters in BT/Debenhams and the like.

You may get more specific recommendations in the beauty forum though.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1488

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mod

Hi sareer,

I've moved your thread to the Beauty forum as it's more relevant to your topic. Please read the forum charter. :)

Mars Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

sareer wrote: »
    The last time I had my make-up done was my wedding (in another country) and I have never ever been to a beauty parlor in Ireland before. I'd love to get smokey eyes - if that's not over the top - done for the office party on Saturday. How much would that typically cost? Can anyone recommend a reasonable beautician in D2 or D8? I really don't want the super dark eye brows and over-the-top make-up that I have seen some girls sport in the city center...more something appropriate for an office event for someone who usually only wears concealer and mascara :) 

(also, is it at all naive to think I will still get an appointment for Saturday? I am sure lots of companies do their Christmas parties around now.)

I have no recommendations other then to say you'll need to hurry, it's a VERY busy time of year!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

GingerLily wrote: »
    I have no recommendations other then to say you'll need to hurry, it's a VERY busy time of year!

Yep youll need to book

Advertisement