Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog collars

• 08-12-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi, anyone know where I can get dog collars where names can be stitched or printed on? With all the sniffing in ditches we are losing tags too often!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Identitag have tags that you thread the collar thru - not sure if they're any use? http://www.identitag.co.uk/productcart/pc/Collar-Dog-Tag-Large-4p29.htm

There's a good few sellars on Amazon doing custom collars too. Somebody on a barf FB group I'm in makes Biothene ones too and a good few people have bought them from him and loved them. Here's his page (i don't like the idea of a plasticy collar myself lol) https://www.facebook.com/Biothane-Bert-collars-and-leads-1697429290542276/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Try Swaggles. Beautiful collars!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bluejelly

The identitags look very practical, will purchase 2 of these, thanks for the tip. Plastic collars are not for me either!

Swaggle collars are beautiful, lots to choose from but fairly expensive as I would have to get 2 of the XXL ones which would be almost 50 euro when I include P&P!! Fingers crossed they have a jan sale!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

I got this engraved collar from eBay. I slipped up a bit and must have paid €30 with P&P and it was only after that I learned of Parcel Motel where I could have got free UK P&P. But love it anyway.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Personalised-Leather-Dog-Collar-3-colours-Laser-Engraved-FREE-POSTAGE-/152107066194

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭Latatian

Some pet shops/garden centres will have leather collars with metal plates that you can then get engraved.

I had a collartag from boomerang tags that literally outlasted the dog. Identitags plastic tags are good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭3dogs

I do agility and can't have a dangling tag when competing so both my girls have embroidered collars. I usually get them when I am competing in England but the company we use also do postal and I can really recommend them. My guys are sea swimming, ditch climbing, mud loving dogs and the collars stand up to all sorts :)

http://www.tuffstuff-ltd.co.uk/c/2/collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Not sure what postage would be like to here but I buy the American hunting collars from Gundog supply in the USA. $6 (yes really) for a leather collar with engraved brass plate and a centre ring so the dog can never get hung up on the collar!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Just looking at the swaggles collars - am I the only person who has problems with non-buckle collars? I've had a couple of incidences with 2 terriers hanging off collars while playing and when they were the slide buckle (I'm not sure of the right term) they nearly strangled each other pulling the collar too tight. They were rough playing and it was a cheap collar, and I wasn't properly supervising them out in the garden, but I'm really paranoid about them now. Am I being overly cautious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Choc Chip wrote: »
    Just looking at the swaggles collars - am I the only person who has problems with non-buckle collars? I've had a couple of incidences with 2 terriers hanging off collars while playing and when they were the slide buckle (I'm not sure of the right term) they nearly strangled each other pulling the collar too tight. They were rough playing and it was a cheap collar, and I wasn't properly supervising them out in the garden, but I'm really paranoid about them now. Am I being overly cautious?

I use the swaggle collars with no problems for my Borders, however I don't leave collars on when they are not supervised as I find that due to their tendency to squeeze into small spaces, play very rough, climb over & under things - that it is just too dangerous. I did not find any difference with the buckle collars other then it is harder to quick release them.

Edited to add that the owner of Swaggles has 5 Border Terriers & a GSD

Advertisement