Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't decide

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Yeah don't pick at the skin either. Or any scabs that forms, apply the cream 2-3 times a day and wash it with warm non perfumed soap fairly regularly. Keep it uncovered as much as possible to let air at it.

Another idea could be to put some Johnsons baby lotion (the pink one) on after it's healed for a while it can help the colours look a little more vibrant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Star Lord wrote: »
    Yes, it's absolutely normal, and yes you should keep putting cream on it.

Did the tattooist give you any aftercare instructions at all?

Ya he did he gave me a sheet but i wasnt sure about the cream because he said not to pick it .

Cheers man

Yeah don't pick at the skin either. Or any scabs that forms, apply the cream 2-3 times a day and wash it with warm non perfumed soap fairly regularly. Keep it uncovered as much as possible to let air at it.

Another idea could be to put some Johnsons baby lotion (the pink one) on after it's healed for a while it can help the colours look a little more vibrant.

But wouldn't rubbing the cream on be kinda similar to picking it ? Bits were coming off when I wasn't putting cream on

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So long as you're massaging it in gently, no. Little bits will come off, that's natural, you're constantly shedding skin, but as that area was damaged, and is now healing, it'll peel as it heals. Bit like if you got sunburned.

Thurs been done now with a week. It has peeled fully and is now unreal itchy.

How long before I could start thikin about going back to the gym ?

Also there 1 tiny spot that is different than the rest , it's like a tiny bit of scab ? Wondering why that's staying longer than the rest

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Thurs been done now with a week. It has peeled fully and is now unreal itchy.

How long before I could start thikin about going back to the gym ?

Also there 1 tiny spot that is different than the rest , it's like a tiny bit of scab ? Wondering why that's staying longer than the rest

Ignore it and let it be. If it itches really bad either rub it somewhat briskly or wash it, don't scratch it, at all!

A bit of scab left is normal, it happened on a Pikachu tattoo I got, about 1mm of scab left in one place but it fell off eventually so just let it be. You can go back to the gym whenever you want, the tattoo won't affect that.

Ignore it and let it be. If it itches really bad either rub it somewhat briskly or wash it, don't scratch it, at all!

A bit of scab left is normal, it happened on a Pikachu tattoo I got, about 1mm of scab left in one place but it fell off eventually so just let it be. You can go back to the gym whenever you want, the tattoo won't affect that.

Cheers bud

I'd actually say don't rub it. That can rub off some layers of skin, or irritate the tattoo.

Light slap actually does better, as it'll encourage blood flow, and takes care of the itch too, without harming the tattoo.

(The itching is normal, it's just the healing process)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I'd actually say don't rub it. That can rub off some layers of skin, or irritate the tattoo.

Light slap actually does better, as it'll encourage blood flow, and takes care of the itch too, without harming the tattoo.

(The itching is normal, it's just the healing process)

Ahhhh, the tattoo healing slap technique. 100% recommend

It works really well, you just look like a bit of a dope slapping yourself! :D

• Advertisement

It works really well, you just look like a bit of a dope slapping yourself! :D

"WHAT? WHAT?? THERE WAS A MOSQUITO RIGHT?"

Sorry about all the questions now lol but how long do I have to keep washing and putting cream on ? It's done 3 weeks tomorro and I'm still washing it 3 times a day and putting on bepanten cream ?

Advertisement