Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time insurance full license

Options
  • 08-12-2016 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Passed my test last week. Was told by many companys quotes would be a few thousand less if i passed my test so i went ahead and waited months to pass my test. Now trying to get quotes and getting all kinds of nonsense quotes thrown at me. Its a 1.9 engine and i see many Learners still in school driving their own 1.9 passats. How are they getting insured??anyone auggest any company's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭beechwood55

The issue is engine size. How old is the car?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

HOw much are you being quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Scouser93

The issue is engine size. How old is the car?

Car is 10 years old. 2006

Stheno wrote: »
    HOw much are you being quoted?

5000 upwards. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Scouser93 wrote: »
    Passed my test last week. Was told by many companys quotes would be a few thousand less if i passed my test so i went ahead and waited months to pass my test. Now trying to get quotes and getting all kinds of nonsense quotes thrown at me. Its a 1.9 engine and i see many Learners still in school driving their own 1.9 passats. How are they getting insured??anyone auggest any company's?

Do you have any driving experience ie named driving for at least 12 months that you can prove?

Have you tried boxymo?

They are consistently the cheapest for first time drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

How old are you OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

How old are you OP?

I'm guessing no more than 23 given the user name.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    To the OP stop creating multiple threads for the same topic please. Keep it in this thread.

Dont even know how to use this site. Only getting used to it. Give a bit of leeway

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Op get a yaris or fiesta something small to get 1st year ncb.
    Insurance is gone nuts and you will probably get a quote of €2k maybe even more on smaller car like above.

Up to you but a Passat or bora is a bad choice as they are loaded as all the boyaz are drivin em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

If you want insurance in ireland at your age and lack of a no claims bonus, You will need a car with engine size of 1L or so, must be less then 10 years old and not a jap import.

The no claims bonus is everything, you need to get a few years of it before you can get cheaper insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

23/24 with a couple of weeks on a full license trying to get insured on a 1.9L?

Expect minimum 3k. Or try go as a named driver for a while.

Advertisement