Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crash Bang!

• 28-11-2004 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

OK. My brother caught the DSL cable with his foot, toppled to the floor and lost the bowl of corn flakes he was carrying.

The little box (sorry don't know what its called) that connects the phone line and the DSL cable to the main line was ripped right out.

I had a good look at it and a little red wire inside the case has been torn. So now i can only connect to the phone or internet seperately - can only use them one at a time.

I'm using eircom and was wondering if anyone knows how much these box things are to replace. Do i have to get them from eircom or can you buy them in a computer shop? Or has anyone got any idea how to fix them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

I think you should call eircom first they may send it to you for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Should get one at pcworld, maplin, peats etc. If theyre not ripping you off they should probably be a euro or something similar. That said, it is pretty likely that you'll get ripped off :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

Wow. Tried 2 computer shops and they'd never heard of it (A double filter). Eircom said they charge 30 euro for it!! That seems pretty ridiculous to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Advertisement