Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF and ICSI Dublin, sims or repromed?

• 08-12-2016 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi everyone, hub and I need book our first consultation for ivf and icsi. We're thinking between sims and repromed. We're worried about repromed though because recently VHI are using them as the sole provider of fertility treatment. I'm afraid this will mean they'll be over subscribed (for want of a better word). Does anyone have any experience or can advise a clinic?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

I can't say anything about either of those clinics as we haven't used them. We've been using HARI or think its called Rotunda now. Can't really fault them on anything major, very good patient emotional support, which is critical.

We've been going to them for over 3years. My only advice is go to a place closer to your home or work. More than likely you`ll be going there a lot.

I don't know if this means anything but if all things are equal go with the place you get a better feeling from. Again you'll unfortunately probably have many negative experiences there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Not much experience but I got pregnant naturally very quickly due to the scans, and advice I got in sims. Our choice was between sims and repromed also. I would also look at CARE in the beacon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Redchairs

Thanks for advice! Will check out the places you both mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annie_ie

fits wrote: »
    Not much experience but I got pregnant naturally very quickly due to the scans, and advice I got in sims. Our choice was between sims and repromed also. I would also look at CARE in the beacon.

Hi fits, sorry to jump in bit just wondering when you say you got pregnant quickly due to the scans and advice? I'm starting on this journey now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

The SIS scan in sims picked up on a large polyp. I had it removed and got pregnant naturally on next cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 summer74

Hi
    I am looking for some advice/recommendations regarding IVF treatment..We are trying to decide between either Sims or Repromed any advice would be so gratefully appreciated..

Advertisement