Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been disconnected.

Options
  • 08-12-2016 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've been disconnected 2 weeks after I missed a DD payment. I have a TV/eFibre package. My payments are usually €60pm but for some reason that months bill was €83.49 and so I missed the payment. I received a text to say that there was unusually high usage at my address and if I didn't pay my bill I'd be disconnected. Later that day I was disconnected. All well and good, I was busy with work and didn't get around to calling.

I don't have an issue with being disconnected as such, but I want to cancel my account now but can't get through to 1901 as it requires a landline or standalone BB number, I don't have the former and don't know the latter.

I have since paid my outstanding bill by debit card and have no problem paying whatever's outstanding on the account, I just want to cancel the account as I have had issues with eir since installation.

Can you help,
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MarianneH

I'm in the same position as the op got disconnected paid my outstanding bill on Tuesday 5days after receiving my bill and spoke the webchat and the call centre on Tuesday and yesterday and had it confirmed that it would take 24-48hrs for the payment to appear on my account as I had paid through the my eir app and then my service would be restored.
    So then I rang today to get an update to be told my account had been completely disconnected and I would have to go to the sales team to get a new account and be reset up???
    This amazes me considering when I spoke to an eir representative yesterday evening by phone I was told I would be reconnected and a reconnection fee would be charged on my next bill.
    Eir please explain??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi there,

I've been disconnected 2 weeks after I missed a DD payment. I have a TV/eFibre package. My payments are usually €60pm but for some reason that months bill was €83.49 and so I missed the payment. I received a text to say that there was unusually high usage at my address and if I didn't pay my bill I'd be disconnected. Later that day I was disconnected. All well and good, I was busy with work and didn't get around to calling.

I don't have an issue with being disconnected as such, but I want to cancel my account now but can't get through to 1901 as it requires a landline or standalone BB number, I don't have the former and don't know the latter.

I have since paid my outstanding bill by debit card and have no problem paying whatever's outstanding on the account, I just want to cancel the account as I have had issues with eir since installation.

Can you help,
    TIA
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Chip Whitley,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & I'm so sorry to hear your services were disconnected. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Your landline or broadband number will be listed on any bills you have received. Unfortunately I would be unable to arrange cancellation from here & you would need to speak with the cancellation team directly in relation to this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

MarianneH wrote: »
    I'm in the same position as the op got disconnected paid my outstanding bill on Tuesday 5days after receiving my bill and spoke the webchat and the call centre on Tuesday and yesterday and had it confirmed that it would take 24-48hrs for the payment to appear on my account as I had paid through the my eir app and then my service would be restored.
    So then I rang today to get an update to be told my account had been completely disconnected and I would have to go to the sales team to get a new account and be reset up???
    This amazes me considering when I spoke to an eir representative yesterday evening by phone I was told I would be reconnected and a reconnection fee would be charged on my next bill.
    Eir please explain??
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]MarianneH,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. Can you PM me your account number & I will take a look into this?[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hi there,

Can you help,
    TIA
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Chip Whitley,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & I'm so sorry to hear your services were disconnected. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Your landline or broadband number will be listed on any bills you have received. Unfortunately I would be unable to arrange cancellation from here & you would need to speak with the cancellation team directly in relation to this.[/font]
    Hi there

I cancelled my account through the proper channels shortly after posting in this thread previously. I received the confirmation letter from ear afterwards. BUT... I received another bill for €83.49 for December. And yesterday received another bill for January for €65.01.

What is going on? Surely my usage wasn't high for December as I was disconnected. And how can I receive a full bill amount when I cancelled my account and have been out of contract for over a year now.

Like I said previously, I will pay whatever is REALLY outstanding but at the moment it says I owe €148.47 and that's is surely incorrect.

TIA,
    Chip Whitley

Hi there,

Can you help,
    TIA
    Hi there

I cancelled my account through the proper channels shortly after posting in this thread previously. I received the confirmation letter from ear afterwards. BUT... I received another bill for €83.49 for December. And yesterday received another bill for January for €65.01.

What is going on? Surely my usage wasn't high for December as I was disconnected. And how can I receive a full bill amount when I cancelled my account and have been out of contract for over a year now.

Like I said previously, I will pay whatever is REALLY outstanding but at the moment it says I owe €148.47 and that's is surely incorrect.

TIA,
    Chip Whitley
    Hi Chip Whitley,

The account will be closed 30 days after the cancellation notice is submitted. You should then receive a final & closing bill. Can you PM me your account number & name & I will check this for you.

Thanks,
    Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I am still having an issue with eir billing me despite cancelling my account before Christmas. And now I have received correspondence from a debt collection company despite being told the issue was sorted. I have sent you a PM in relation to this Eir: Pamela.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

We have received your PM and Pamela will be in touch with you shortly.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Advertisement