Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

peed of of win10

Options
  • 08-12-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭

i have a levono with 4g ram and 1 tb hd, it was running win7, last year it gave trouble so i took it to a repair shop, i got it back with with win10 installed, the noise now is constant, now i am getting pop ups saying my licence is up shortly, as i only use it for web browsing so i am trying to get rid of win10 with no sucess, i do have a licenced copy of windows vista ultimate, this would suit me fine, i have tried in my own limited way to remove win10 with no sucess, is there any way to get rid of it

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Was the Windows 7 version legit? If so you should be able to activate 7 without any issues. You could use your Vista reinstall disc (if you have one) to wipe 10 and install Vista, but I'd recommend getting to the bottom of the Win 10 issues first. I find it much quicker than 7 and Vista personally.
    What kind of noise is it making? Loud fans?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

yoyo wrote: »
    Was the Windows 7 version legit?

Doesn't really matter. Looks like the computer shop installed W10 without using a valid license, so the activation windows is now coming to an end

Bring it back to the computer shop OP, and demand they fix it, or at least get it activated. And take it from there

I'm with yoyo here that you better stay on W10 if you can

Keep us posted & good luck!

Advertisement