Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple offers. Same estate agent

Options
  • 08-12-2016 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm looking at houses in a particular part of Dublin. The two houses that I'm most interested in are being sold by the same estate agent. There is a 100k difference between the two asking price. One is old, one is significantly refurbished.

My question is. If I prefer the older cheaper house but I am also putting in an offer on the more expensive place, does the EA push me harder on price knowing I have the money. Also, does he push me towards the more expensive place because of the higher commission.

At the moment, I think I should stay away from offers on the more expensive place. Any thoughts? Anyone been in a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Bidding on both certainly shows your hand on the lower priced property. The EA will almost certainly use the knowledge against you since their obligation is to the seller and achieving the best price.

Your instincts could be right to only bid on the lower priced one first.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

Could you use a friend for the second bid? Just someone bidding on your behalf

Advertisement