Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas hamper

Options
  • 08-12-2016 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for some help putting a hamper together.

So for my dad and his partner, they like cheese. So was thinking of 5 cheeses, crackers and wine. Anything else I could put into it to fill it up a bit. Preferably vegetarian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Some sort of chutney would be nice with cheese if they'd eat that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Olives, tapenade, humus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

biko wrote: »
    Olives, tapenade, humus

He makes all his own hummus, but olives and tapenade is a nice idea

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Grapes would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

See if you can find some drunken cheese

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I see in tesco yesterday they had fig preserve in small jar beside the cheeses in the fridges also a citrus one (can't remember name of it). Both go very well with cheese and crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,181 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Try to get a jar of quince paste if you're putting in a goat's or blue cheese.
    Maybe a bottle of port?
    Depending on when you're giving it to them some grapes, figs etc would look very attractive in a hamper, and maybe some fancy bread?
    I like to put in a little retro or quirky tin of something to add interest to a hamper, usually paprika https://www.amazon.com/Chiquilin-Sweet-Paprika-Tin/dp/B000NO5CRY easy enough to pick up in Artisan foodie type places and not too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe some quince jelly?

Advertisement